I have been selected by Find Your Influence to be a spokesperson for Bertolli. While I have been compensated for my time, my opinions are my own. Win a Wine Country Trip the #MangiaMoment...
Double Chocolate Cookies with Alpha-Bits Crunch Recipe
This time we made these delicious double chocolate cookies and added a nice, Alpha-bits crunch on top.
DOUBLE CHOCOLATE COOKIES WITH ALPHA-BITS CRUNCH
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup softened butter, unsalted
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 1 cup Alpha-Bits cereal
- Preaheat your oven to 350.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt.
- In a mixer, cream together the butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla. Then add the eggs, one by one, incorporating well after each addition. Turn down the mixer and add the flour mixture a little at a time.
- Stir in the chunks. Portion the mixture using heaping tablespoons onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Take the Alpha-Bits cereal and press into the tops of each cookie.
- Bake the cookies for approximately 10 minutes. The cookies are done when the the centers have risen and set.
- Remove from the oven and let the cookies rest for a few minutes before transferring to cooling racks.
Post launched their Alpha-Bits cereal in Walmart last year and wants to increase awareness of this product within this specific retailer. “Alpha-Bits, the cereal with the great taste and alphabet delights kids love along with the nutrition mom wants is available at Walmart.'
- Alpha-Bits is made specifically for the growing 3 – 6 year old because it is both healthy AND educational with all 26 letters for letter-learning fun and contains nutrients that help support healthy brain development.
- This product is SNAP eligible, so it would also be relevant to those moms who shop on a budget.
- Excellent source of vitamin D
- Added nutrients like iron and zinc that help support healthy brain development
- Provides 20g of whole grain (per 30g serving) and 12 essential vitamins and minerals growing kids need