DIY LOVE Wall Hanging Valentine's Day will be here before you know it. This month, we have this adorable DIY that you can easily make. Look how vibrant the fabrics are and how...
DIY Tile Coasters
DIY Tile Coasters
Girls night in is the perfect time to test out your craftiness. I always love a good project that really has great looking results, especially for a girls night in. Sometimes I make gifts for people and I love to create things that you might not find in every store. We had a girls night in recently and I created little kits for each person with everything they need to make these adorable custom tile coasters. In fact, you could do this as a craft project with kids and easily create 1 kit for each person. We hope that you love these DIY Tile Coasters.
You can find all sorts of fun peel and stick wall decor or even consider a stencil with paint but make certain to use something to seal it since wet drinks will be placed on these coasters. I happen to think that these Blossom Watercolor Bird Branch Peel and Stick Wall Decals would make beautiful coasters as well.
What do you think? The possibilities really are endless and who wouldn't love to get a set of these coasters as a gift? We are planning to make several of these this year for teacher gifts as well. What I am saying is make these coasters! AND consider making them as part of a larger gift including some of our other suggestions. These are the kinds of gifts that people will use for years to come, and they make a girls night in even more fun.
DIY Tile Coasters | Making Tile Coasters
Supplies for how to make tile coasters
- 4, 4.25″ square ceramic tiles or travertine tiles
- Peel and Stick Wall Decor | Birds
- foam sheet or Felt or self-adhesive cork squares
- hot glue
- hot glue gun
- alcohol swabs
- Foam brush
Directions on how to make custom tile coasters
- To start making your custom tile coasters, wipe your tiles with alcohol swabs on the shiny side and let dry completely. This removes oils and debris.
- Place your stickers onto your tiles as desired. You may need to cut some of the stickers to fit with scissors. Press firmly into place and smooth with your finger.
- Consider sealing with Mod Podge Clear Acrylic Sealer (one of my faves). I like to do this and since I really want this to be something to keep in the home for years, I sealed this set.
- Cut four pieces of foam about 4″ square to fit onto the bottom of your coasters. Use hot glue to affix them and press firmly. Or trace tile onto felt and cut out. Glue felt to underside of tile with hot glue. Alternately use the peel and stick cork squares. Any of the three methods work well and are crucial to these tiles not sliding around once drinks are set on them.
- To wrap as gift, place a four inch square of parchment paper in between each coaster and stack them on top of each other. Generously use satin red ribbon to wrap as shown below. Add one of our gorgeous Free Printable Rae Dunn Inspired Christmas Gift Tags and you have yourself a fabulous gift!
We hope that you are inspired by these DIY Tile Coasters. Happy crafting!
Why Do It Yourself (DIY)?
If you're looking for a way to save money, get creative, learn new skills, be more self-sufficient, and have fun, then DIY is the way to go; especially for these custom tile coasters. There are endless possibilities for DIY projects, so you're sure to find something that you're interested in. So get started today and see what you can create!
Some reasons why you should DIY
- Save money. DIY projects can be a great way to save money. You can avoid the cost of hiring a professional, and you can often find materials at a discount. When you do things yourself, you don't have to pay someone else to do them for you. This can save you a lot of money, especially on larger projects.
- More rewarding. When you do something yourself, you feel a sense of accomplishment that you don't get when you pay someone else to do it for you. This can be a great feeling, and it can make you more motivated to do more DIY projects in the future. When you complete a DIY project, you can feel proud of yourself for what you've accomplished. This can be a great boost to your self-esteem.
- Get creative. DIY projects are a great way to express your creativity. When you do things yourself, you have the freedom to be creative and to do things your own way. This can be a lot of fun, and it can help you to express your creativity. You can customize your project to fit your own needs and style.
Even More Reasons to DIY
- Learn new skills. DIY projects can be a great way to learn new skills. DIY projects can teach you new skills, such as carpentry, plumbing, or electrical work. These skills can be valuable in your personal and professional life. You can learn how to use new tools, and you can learn how to do things that you never thought you could do.
- Be more self-sufficient. DIY projects can help you become more self-sufficient. When you know how to do things yourself, you don't have to rely on others for help. This can give you a sense of independence and empowerment. You can learn how to fix things around the house, and you can learn how to do things that you would otherwise have to pay someone else to do.
- Have fun. DIY projects can be a lot of fun. They can be a great way to relax and de-stress, and they can be a great way to spend time with friends and family plus learn new skills.
- Sustainable projects. When you do things yourself, you are less likely to waste resources. This is because you are more likely to use the materials that you have on hand, and you are less likely to buy new materials that you don't need.
If you're thinking about taking on a DIY project, there are a few things to keep in mind:
- Do your research. Make sure you have all the necessary tools and materials before you start. It's also a good idea to read up on the project so you know what to expect.
- Be patient. DIY projects can take time, so don't expect to finish them overnight. Just take your time and enjoy the process.
- Don't be afraid to ask for help. If you get stuck, don't be afraid to ask for help from a friend, family member, or professional.
With a little planning and effort, DIY projects can be a great way to save money, learn new skills, and have fun. So what are you waiting for? Get started on your next DIY project today!