Strawberry Chiffon Cupcakes My kids love strawberries and so do I. This time of year here in Georgia is strawberry picking time. This means we get to have a lot of fun and come...
Dark Chocolate Covered Strawberries With Raw Flake Coconut
Dark Chocolate Covered Strawberries with Raw Flake Coconut
Strawberries in chocolate might just be one of those perfect flavor combinations that just cannot be duplicated. I love chocolate-covered strawberries no matter what time of year and although I know that they are especially popular around Valentine's Day, this chocolate-covered strawberries recipe is a decadent treat that can be enjoyed year-round. These strawberries are made even better with dark chocolate because they perfectly complement the sweetness of the strawberries without completely taking over the taste. The chocolate that you use is important so buy the best you can afford and you will be pleased with the results. We hope that you love this Dark Chocolate Covered Strawberries with Raw Flake Coconut recipe.
This dark chocolate covered strawberries recipe easy makes the most delicious edible gift for Valentine's Day. You can also create infused chocolate covered strawberries or chocolate covered strawberries with alcohol by adding your favorite liquor with a small syringe after they set in the refrigerator for a few hours.
Dark Chocolate Covered Strawberries
- 1 pound of fresh strawberries, ripe but not overly so
- 8 ounces of quality dark chocolate
- 1 cup rough chopped raw coconut flakes (unsweetened)
- wax paper or parchment paper
- Line a large tray with wax paper.
- Thoroughly wash and dry your strawberries. To be certain they were dry I used a paper towel on each berry, including the green tops before dipping. You will want them to be at room temperature before dipping.
- Melt your dark chocolate according to the package instructions.
- Put your rough chopped, raw coconut into a bowl you can dip into (or you may sprinkle it onto the chocolate with a spoon). With everything is out you will want to move quickly to ensure you’re able to add the coconut before the chocolate starts to set. (The chocolate will harden faster than you might expect-in only a few minutes).
- For how to dip strawberries in dark chocolate: after dipping carefully place each strawberry on the tray with enough space that they will not touch.
- Let the strawberries fully set and dry then cover or transfer to an airtight container and store in the refrigerator. Best when enjoyed the same day.
Should chocolate covered strawberries be refrigerated? Absolutely. We hope that you are inspired by these Dark Chocolate Covered Strawberries with Raw Flake Coconut and that you absolutely love this dark chocolate dipped strawberries recipe. Happy Valentine's Day!
Want to know how to package chocolate covered strawberries? Check out our suggestions below:
boxes for chocolate covered strawberries | containers for chocolate covered strawberries