I am participating in the Beano® “Be Natural” Virtual Cook-off with some other bloggers and my recipe must be delicious and “gas-producing.” The recipe will be judged by a panel and then five finalists will...
Contemporary Chef Salad Recipe
This Pack the Perfect Picnic: Contemporary Chef Salad Recipe post is sponsored by OSCAR MAYER. All comments and opinions are my own.
Pack the Perfect Picnic: Contemporary Chef Salad Recipe
Nothing says spring or even summer to me like a really good salad. When I say salad, I am not talking about a bowl of lettuce rather a delicious looking salad that makes the person next to you jealous. I want big, juicy vegetables, meat and a really good salad dressing. I also like the meat sliced on a salad. I prefer Oscar Mayer Deli Fresh Lunchmeats Oven Roasted Turkey because the slices tend to get more evenly dispersed into each bite. We hope that you enjoy this Pack the Perfect Picnic: Contemporary Chef Salad Recipe post.
Salad makes a great lunch or dinner and usually saves me from having to cook anything. Salads are so versatile and extremely easy to customize. Simply set out various ingredients and people can build their own. This also makes a great impromptu dinner with friends where everyone gets exactly what they want by building their own salad. Our twist on a Chef Salad features just turkey along with the addition of avocado and feta plus a crisp, refreshing dressing that we just know you will love.
Contemporary Chef Salad Recipe
Ingredients for Salad
- 2 oz Oscar Mayer Deli Fresh Oven Roasted Turkey Breast
- 2 oz carrot, peeled and sliced on bias
- 2 oz cucumber, seeded and medium diced
- 2 oz avocado, medium diced
- 2 oz tomato, medium diced
- 1/2 hard boiled egg, diced
- 1 oz feta
- 2 cups (loose) field greens
- 2 oz dressing
Ingredients for Dressing
- Juice of one orange, lemon, and lime
- 1 tsp fresh thyme
- 1 tsp whole grain mustard
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 2 cloves garlic
- 6 oz extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- First make the dressing and fortunately this is an easy one. Take all of the dressing ingredients and blend together in a food processor or blender. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Grab your plate and loosely place the Oscar Mayer Deli Fresh Oven Roasted Turkey Breast around the edge, creating a circle.
- Add your lettuce to a mixing bowl.
- Add the carrots, cucumbers, tomatoes, avocado, and egg.
- Add your dressing and then gently mix everything together.
- Place the mixed salad in the center of the plate and top with a little cheese.
- Season with a little cracked pepper and enjoy.
Oscar Mayer Deli Fresh Lunchmeats
Are you ready for lunchmeats with no artifical preservatives or added nitrates or nitrites? I know that I am. As someone who is conscious of what goes into our food, I love knowing that I can serve this to my family. Oscar Mayer Deli Fresh Lunchmeat offers a variety of flavors including Oven Roasted Turkey, Honey Smoked Turkey and Honey Uncured Ham and can be found in the refrigerated section of your local Publix.
Oscar Mayer Deli Fresh Lunchmeats have all the taste you want without the things you don’t. Make certain to try this delicious salad when you pack your next picnic because this will make it perfect. We hope that you are inspired by this Pack the Perfect Picnic: Contemporary Chef Salad Recipe post. Happy eating!
Get social with Oscar Mayer & Publix