My kids get so excited for Easter every year. We love baking treats to share with friends and family. I especially love recipes like this one where little hands can easily jump in to...
Cinnamon Cream Cheese Banana Nut Muffins with Cinnamon Brown Sugar Crumble Topping Recipe
CINNAMON CREAM CHEESE BANANA NUT MUFFINS WITH CINNAMON BROWN SUGAR CRUMBLE TOPPING
Recipe yields about 24 muffins
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp of cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 cups mashed bananas (about 4 medium bananas)
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped walnuts
- 3/4 tsp. vanilla extract
INGREDIENTS FOR CRUMB TOPPING
- 1/4 cup butter, diced
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, grease pan (add flour if desired).
- Beat butter and cream cheese at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy.
- Gradually add sugar, beating until light and fluffy.
- Add in the eggs, 1 at a time, blended after each addition, until combined.
- Add in the flour, cinnamon, salt, baking soda, baking powder to butter mixture, mix until well blended.
- Stir in bananas, walnuts, pecans, and vanilla.
- Spoon batter into lined cupcake/muffin pan.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the sugar, cinnamon and flour (from crumb topping). Mix in butter with a fork or stand mixer just until the topping is crumbly. Top your muffins before baking.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 25-35 minutes or until tooth pick inserted in center comes out clean and sides pull away from pan. Cool muffins in pan for about 10 minutes, or until cook enough to remove from pan.