Raspberry Spiked Agua Fresca Recipe We are back with another fun beverage recipe. This time it's the Raspberry Spiked Agua Fresca Recipe. I love nothing more than a cool cocktail on a hot summer...
Banana Cake Recipe
Banana Cake Recipe
Banana Bread is one of my favorite recipes is the whole world. It's super moist, incredibly easy to make, and the best way to use leftover bananas that have been sitting for way too long in the fridge. It's also a crowd favorite and honestly, I haven't found the first person that doesn't like a good banana bread, so with the summer gatherings fastly approaching I decided to try my hand at making a banana bread cake and I have to say, it knocked my socks off. We hope that you adore this Banana Cake Recipe as much as we do.
This banana cake is so good you'll want to keep the recipe for yourself and never share it with anyone else (I know because I had to convince myself to share it with you all), then you'll want to make a second batch and a third batch and another one because it's so good you'll want to take it with you to every party, gathering, little get together that you have, you may even find yourself inviting people over just to have an excuse to make an eat more of the cake. Yes, it's that good.
The cake is made like a fluffier banana bread, it still uses banana and all the usuals but a bit more of baking powder + a bit more of mixing time to incorporate air into the batter. The result is a cake that's packed with flavor and that holds great the frosting.
Then for the frosting, we are whipping up a big batch of vanilla and decorating the cake with little ribbons of frosting but what gives the complete wow factor is the banana coins carefully placed between the frosting swirls. To prevent the coins from browning just drizzle them with a bit of lemon juice and they'll look fresh all day long.
Ingredients for the cake
- 1 egg
- ½ cup sugar
- ¾ cup flour
- ¼ cup butter
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 mashed banana
- 2 tsp baking powder
Ingredients for the frosting
- ½ cup butter
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
Ingredients for the topping
- 1 sliced banana
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Place all the ingredients in a bowl and mix them well until everything is incorporated and there are no lumps left. Then mix for 1 extra minute.
- Pour the batter into a greased cake pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until done.
- Whip up the frosting while the cake still in the oven: add the butter to a bowl and mix for 3 minutes. Incorporate the powdered sugar and the vanilla extract and continue mixing until light and airy.
- Remove the cake from the oven and let it cool down for 8 minutes.
- Remove the cake from the cake pan and let it cool for 20 minutes.
- Decorate it with the frosting (using a piping bag is optional) and top it with the banana coins.
- Serve and enjoy.