This Fun Mom Dinner Movie Wine and $50 VISA #Giveaway #FunMomDinner @FunMomDinner post is in partnership with Momentum Pictures. Fun Mom Dinner Movie Wine and $50 VISA Giveaway Have you ever bonded with someone...
Chocolate Chocolate Chip Thin Pancakes
This blog post is part of a paid SocialMoms and TruMoo blogging program. The opinions and ideas expressed here are my own.
These are a little thin so my husband calls them crepes. However, I have had crepes in France and they were never that thin so we settled on thin pancakes.
We had some fun with this recipe because we substituted the milk with TruMoo chocolate milk. It gave the pancakes an even more delicious choclate-y flavor. My children love TruMoo so it was pretty fun to play around a little and see which recipe we could add it to.
TruMoo® Flavored Milk Products Where Delicious Meets Nutritious:
Say goodbye to debating over what your kids drink and say hello to TruMoo! Every glass starts with fresh, pure milk from your trusted dairy, which means it contains all the same essential nutrients and vitamins as white milk.
CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHIP PANCAKES
- 3 cups TruMoo chocolate milk
- 2 1/4 cups All Purpose Flour
- 3/4 cup Cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup of Mini Chocolate Chips
- 1/2 cup plus 1 TBSP Confectioners Sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 tsp of Kosher Salt
- In a large bowl, combine flour, cocoa powder, powdered sugar and salt. Mix well. Add chocolate chips, mix lightly and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine the remaining ingredients and whisk together.
- Slowly pour liquid into dry mix and whisk together. Continuing whisking until completely smooth.
- Cover and place in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Over medium heat using a large sauté pan, melt a pat of butter (enough to coat the pan).
- Add a 1/4 cup of batter to the pan in a swirling motion. Batter should completely cover the bottom of the pan and the mixture should be spread evenly.
- Cook for approximately 1 minute. Use spatula to check bottom to make certain is cooked but not crisp. It should be sponge-y. Flip over and repeat.
- I use a cup of chocolate chips melted down with a little heavy whipping cream whisked continuously until completely blended. Drizzle this over your double folded pancakes and garnish with fresh strawberries.
JOIN THE TRUMOO TWITTER PARTY
I will also be co-hosting a TruMoo Twitter party on February 27, 2014! We hope you can join us as we talk about busy moms on the go, snack time and tasty recipe ideas!
GET SOCIAL WITH TRUMOO AND LIKE THEM ON FACEBOOK
Like TruMoo on Facebook
Tweet with TruMoo on Twitter