Today I guest posted over on the Jen and Barb mom life blog. My post is about being a cool mom and whether I think I am a cool mom or not. I had...
California Ripe Olives: Alien Olive Art
So we go to have some fun recently and do some silly olive art. We used some delicious California Ripe Olives and everyone in the family got to give an opinion on what we should make.
Although it seems like we always tell kids to NOT play with their food, nowadays it is more fun to come up with fun things that encourage kids to play with their food. They play, they eat. And California Ripe Olives are perfect to play with and eat.
ABOUT CALIFORNIA RIPE OLIVES
- California Ripe Olives are the perfect pantry staple.
- California Ripe Olives provide a pop of color, texture, and flavor to a variety of dishes—including fun and delicious food art.
- The versatile California Ripe Olive is the ideal ingredient for home chefs and food artists.
- California Ripe Olives are kid-friendly and the perfect option for creating tasty and creative food art for the back to school season.
- California Ripe Olives are grown on over 1,000 multigenerational family farms that crisscross the warm inland valleys of California and processed by two family-owned canneries.
ENTER THE CALIFORNIA RIPE OLIVES BACK-TO-SCHOOL SWEEPSTAKES
Follow California Ripe Olives on Facebook, visit the custom tab, and enter once per day for the chance to win an Amazon Kindle Fire HDX
Sweepstakes runs August 18 – September 12, 2014
What is fun about this alien is that it makes the perfect after school snack for the kids. Since we placed the olives on top of cucumbers, it was very easy to pull apart to eat.
California Black Ripe Olives
Red Bell Pepper
We couldn't forget a little hair on top:
Underneath the olives, we put slices of cucumber and the kids ate it once we were finished.
Here is another closeup complete with the red bell pepper tongue:
GET SOCIAL WITH CALIFORNIA RIPE OLIVES
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls Collective and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.