Did you know that it’s pretty simple to LOVE veggies? For more than 80 years V8 has celebrated the goodness of vegetables and fruits and they want the world to know and join their...
6 Surprising Health Facts About Lemons
Here are the top reasons why lemons should be a part of your daily diet and will help you get fit or stay in amazing shape all year long. Every time you are at a restaurant, squeeze 1-2 wedges into your water. The best way to start your day is with a warm mug of water with a half a lemon before you enjoy your morning coffee.
1. Lemons have a high amount of Vitamin C. Vitamin C helps to neutralize free radicals that are linked to aging and many diseases. One of the best and easiest ways to increase your chance of being disease-free is to rid your body of free radicals. Introducing at least half a lemon daily into your daily diet accomplishes this.
2. Lemons help fight hunger cravings! With the amount of pectin fiber found in lemons, it is a natural appetite suppressant. No need for expensive diet pills when you can buy a bag of lemons for less than $5.
3. Lemons are a natural stimulant for the liver and kidneys. Lemons help get rid of toxins and aid the liver and kidneys to function better. If you are doing a cleanse or need to detox, eating lemons stimulates the process.
Detoxing after a night of drinking a bit too much or eating unhealthy food is always a good plan. The juice from one lemon greatly helps to reduce the amount of toxins in the body.
4. Lemons help to cleanse your bowels. It might not be the most awesome topic to talk about, but lemons are known to increase peristalsis in the bowels, which helps create bowel movements. Lemons help in eliminating waste from both the small and large intestine and help with regularity.
5. Lemons have much needed Citric Acid. Citric Acid found in lemon juice helps to dissolve calcium deposits, plus kidney and gall stones. It is much easier to drink lemon water than to pass a kidney stone!
6. Lemons help to Balance the body’s pH system. It’s hard to believe, but lemons are an incredibly alkaline food. On their own, they are acidic, but inside the body they are alkaline. This alkalinity is due to citric acid which does not create acidity in the body once metabolized, but rather alkalinity. Having an alkaline body, compared to an acidic body helps in overall weight loss and maintaining a healthy weight overall.
Adding one lemon a day into your diet has many positive results and easy to do. Squeeze a lemon over your salad instead of using salad dressing. Squeeze a fresh lemon onto your fish or chicken and into your marinade. Your body will thank you for this little added powerhouse.