15 Baked Pasta Recipes We just adore these 15 Baked Pasta Recipes. If you came here looking for baked pasta dishes with meat, baked pasta vegetarian, baked ziti with stewed tomatoes, creamy pasta casserole,...
Candy Cane Shortbread Cookies Recipe
Candy Cane Shortbread Cookies Recipe | Chocolate Peppermint Shortbread Cookies
It's Christmas season around here and while the holiday season is not quite in full swing, we are starting to gather some of our favorite recipes for when we start baking and making goodies for friends and family. On the list every single year is chocolate without fail. We love anything chocolate and when we can combine that with one of our favorite holidays, it just gets better and better. We also make a lot of cookies so this year was more about experimenting with holiday flavors (peppermint) and chocolate in a cookie. The result is this amazing shortbread cookie that is just as good not dipped in chocolate or with crushed peppermint and tastes just like european shortbread cookies. This is definitely a Candy cane shortbread cookies recipe loved by all. A fun twist is to make these Chocolate Peppermint Shortbread Cookies into shortbread cookies dipped in white chocolate by using white chocolate instead of milk or dark. However, the way we made it, the flavors just combine so well and really says holiday season. I am thinking that these will become our new family favorite. We hope that you love our candy cane cookies with almond extract recipe post.
Candy cane shortbread cookies recipe
- 2 ¼ cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 cup butter
- ½ cup melted chocolate
- candy canes or peppermint candies broken up
- almond extract (I just add a few drops)
- Combine the sugar and butter until creamed and smooth. Slowly add in the flour and salt until the dough comes together, it shouldn’t be too crumbly.
- Chill for about 10 minutes.
- Roll out on parchment paper and then cut or use cookie cutters to cut into preferred shapes.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 10 to 12 minutes (final baking time will depending on the size and thickness of your cookies).
- Allow the cookies to cool before dipping into melted chocolate and sprinkling with the candy pieces.
- Let the cookies rest while the chocolate hardens and then either enjoy or freeze until you’re ready for them.
We hope that you loved our Chocolate Peppermint Shortbread Cookies recipe post. Consider making this into shortbread cookies dipped in white chocolate as a Candy cane shortbread cookies recipe. Happy Holidays!
Serious cookie aficionados have these tools because they make cookie making so much fun:
Cookie Jar with Airtight Lid | Cookie Press | Round Cookie Cutter/Fondant Cake Cutter/Biscuit Cutters Kit