Types, Cases Covered, and How to Negotiate Everyone deserves justice, even when they cannot afford the cost of representation. Don't let the fear of legal fees keep you from going after what you...
7 Tips for Strengthening Your Marriage
Marriage is not easy. The blending of two personalities, two lives that were completely separate and two of everything else, takes work. It takes time. Compromise. And many other things.
I have been lucky. I am celebrating my 11th year of marriage. My husband and I have been together for 15 years. Here are some things that we do that help our marriage.
1. Connect with each other – we have to turn off various forms of technology to really make a connection and sometimes wine is involved but we try to make certain that it is just the two of us. Nothing else.
2. Offer support – If my husband told me that he wanted to parachute out of plane, I would support him. Why? I know my husband. He is not impulsive. Everything that he does is well thought out and planned. I support him in everything he does whether I agree or not. I do always let him know my thoughts but I also respect his decision making ability.
3.Establish a date night or scheduled time together – this is a tough for some people. We have three children so I know all too well how tough it can be but we manage and a few times each month, we have a date night. Sometimes we go to a movie but sometimes we just go grocery shopping. The point is to be together.
4. Write it out – if you have something to say and you just don't know how to say it, write it down. I have written countless letters to my husband. Some from a place of anger but all from a place of love. There are many letters that I have never even given to him. It just feels better to write it down.
5. Consider counseling. MarriageMax offers a variety of programs to meet your needs. In fact, Marriage Max evens offer counseling via the telephone. Check out marriagemax.com today.
6. Find the good things and show appreciation – I love Tweeting on Twitter about the nice things that my husband has done for me. I post on his Facebook wall. I leave notes for him. There are so many great things about him that I like to remind him of that.
7. Listen – This is probably one of the most important things that you can do to strengthen your marriage. Listen. But really listen. Put down your laptop, book, phone or whatever else distracts and concentrate on what the other person is saying. You might be surprised what they have to say.