Saving Money and Energy with ENERGY STAR® Sound Bars/Dryers #bbyenergystar Did you know that Best Buy is committed to providing sustainable products? That's right. Best Buy has all of the ENERGY STAR® certified Sound...
6 Tips for Protecting Your Data
Are You Protecting Your Data? Protecting your device should be a priority given the amount of information you store in it. Here’s how:
1. Use built-in security features. That way, only you can access the data stored in it. This adds another layer of protection should you lose your smartphone.
2. Create strong passwords. Choose complex passwords. Investing in a password manager is also a good idea.
3. Access only trusted Wi-Fi networks. Do not automatically connect to open Wi-Fi networks.
4. Scrutinize apps. Read reviews and check the developers’ pages before downloading and installing apps. Verify permissions an app seeks before granting them.
5. Invest in a security app. It would even be better if the security app can remotely lock a stolen device or wipe out the data in it.
6. Periodically back up data. You can do so on your computer or via a trusted cloud service. Backing up data in the cloud allows you to access your data anywhere, anytime. Some apps even let you access all your data across multiple devices, saving you time.
Keep up with all of the Digital Joneses families here.
Disclosure: The Digital Joneses Study will include gadgets for myself and my family. Although we have been provided with these products to help evaluate the challenges within the study, the opinions, thoughts and statements expressed on this blog remains our own and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Trend Micro.