It is no secret that if you read this blog, you know that I am a huge fan of P&G. We reguarly use many of their products in our everyday lives. Many of the...
2012 Honda CR-V Review
I have seen the CR-V's (stands for Comfortable, Runabout Vehicle) for years and never driven one. I never even knew anyone who had a CR-V but I have to say that after spending the day with Honda and driving a CR-V, it is really a nice car. It handles well and for the pricepoint, I think that it is a solid vehicle that I would be proud own.
ALL ABOUT THE NEWLY RE-DESIGNED HONDA CR-V
The Honda CRV has gotten quite a few upgrades this year to keep it competitive in the family SUV/crossover market. The exterior styling has been completely redone with special attention paid the front grille and bumper. This new face also improves aerodynamics and fuel efficiency to bring in MPG numbers closer to a large luxury car than an SUV. It's 23 city/31 Highway MPG rating keeps it in the top tier of its class for fuel economy.
NEW FOR 2012
- More efficient engine design with improved horsepower and torque
- Available Real Time AWD with Intelligent Control System™
- Standard features include an Easy Fold-Down 60/40 Split Rear Seat, Eco Assist™, Expanded View Driver’s Mirror and Motion-Adaptive Electric Power Steering (EPS)
- Intelligent Multi-Information Display (i-MID), Pandora internet radio interface, SMS text messaging function, and available DVD Rear Entertainment System and FM Traffic
The engine has been retuned along the same lines, delivering slightly more power and increased fuel efficiency over last year. An Eco Assist system has also been added to increase MPG and give you up to the minute information about how driving habits affect fuel economy.
Moving inside, the CRV features an intelligent Multi-Information Display (i-MID) to help manage all the new, high tech features. The digital display does everything from show your current MPG numbers to turn by turn navigation directions. It can read txt messages for you and connect to an iPhone or iPod to allow music to be streamed over Pandora or directly from the hard drive. It also has a hardwired USB interface for the same purpose and can be controlled with a voice activated Bluetooth device to keep eyes on the road and hands on the wheel.
The new center console runs all the way from the dashboard to the rear of the passenger area. Th interior has been rearranged for maximum comfort for passengers and an impressive number of bins and storage options for whatever might need to be close at hand. Its easy to get comfortable and a treat to stay that way for long trips.
The cargo area maintains its leading size and ease of access. The more than 70 cubic feet of space is arranged for easy access and sensible organization. Raw space is only useful when it's easy to get to and organize.
The updates keep the CRV in the top of its class and offers numerous features standard that one might generally associate with a more luxury oriented model. What was good is now great and no sacrifices have been made to make it that way.
- 2.4-liter i-VTEC 4-cylinder engine with 185 horsepower
- EPA-estimated fuel economy is rated at 23/31/26 mpg city/highway/combined,Your actual mileage will vary depending on how you drive and maintain your vehicle.
- Eco Assist, indicates to the driver when the vehicle is being operated in an efficient style via “green” visual cues surrounding the speedometer, and a selectable ECON Mode alters operating characteristics of the vehicle to support an efficient driving style.
- Easy Fold-Down 60/40 Split Rear Seat
- Bluetooth® HandsFreeLink®phone interface
- full-color intelligent Multi-Information Display (i-MID)
- multi-angle rearview camera with guidelines
- SMS text messaging function, which can read received texts from compatible cell phones aloud over the audio system.
- Pandora® Internet Radio interface
- Anti-lock Braking System (ABS) with Brake Assist
WHAT'S ON YOUR LEAP LIST?
What are some things in your life that you have always wanted to do? Are they on your list? Honda has created the Leap List on Facebook where can you make your own list of life's to-do's.
I filled out my Leap List and can’t wait to see your Leap List! Fill it out and add a link to your Leap List in the comments below, if you’d like to share.
Disclosure: I was invited by Honda to test drive the 2012 Honda CR-V in California. While my travel and accommodations were covered by Honda, I was not provided financial compensation for this review. All opinions here are 100% my own and were not influenced in any way.