In celebration of the organization’s 100th anniversary, the Boy Scouts of America is bringing a truly unique and interactive experience to Atlanta: Adventure Base 100. Created specifically for the Boy Scouts of America’s 100th Anniversary Celebration, Adventure Base...
10 Things to Do with the Kids on Fall Break
It's hard to believe that fall break is almost here. I mean, where did the summer go? Didn't the kids just go back to school a couple of weeks ago? Wow, time flies!
Lots of families like to stay close to home over fall break, and why not? It's easy to find lots of fun activities, whether the break is an entire week or just a couple of days.
I've compiled a list of fun activities for the whole family. Take a peek!
- Bake cupcakes with the kids! Look at these adorable skeleton cupcakes – what a treat!
- Visit a pumpkin patch! It's the perfect time of year for apple picking, hayrides, and selecting the perfect pumpkin for carving!
- That said, carve a pumpkin with your kids! Remember, they shouldn't be left unsupervised with knives.
- Roast marshmallows! Make s'mores! That, to me, is the epitome of fall!
- Jump in a big pile of leaves!
- Make a pretty wreath to complement your fall decorating!
- Drink some hot apple cider – and if you're really ambitious, make some!
- Find some fun local fall activities, like Conner Prairie's Headless Horseman in Noblesville, IN.
- Or maybe your local zoo has a Halloween activity, like Boo at The Zoo in Philadelphia, PA.
- Just relax – after all, that's what breaks are for!
Do you have any special plans for fall break?