We love creating fun desserts around here and when it comes to the fall, we use things around the house and come up with some really fun things. Halloween is quickly approaching and if...
Brie, Ham and Grilled Chicken Melt on King’s Hawaiian Recipe
I have long been a fan and lover of King’s Hawaiian Rolls. My 7 year old would them for every meal if we let her. She loves them that much.
This sandwich is a favorite of ours because while it is amazing when it is hot and freshly prepared, it is also a wonderful cold sandwich. Perfect for throwing into the cooler and eating on the go.
Brie, Ham and Grilled Chicken Melt on King’s Hawaiian Sandwich Rolls
- King’s Hawaiian Sandwich Rolls
- 8 ounce chicken breast – grilled
- Honey Ham, sliced thin
- Field greens
- Olive Oil
- Balsamic vinegar
- Grill the chicken breast and let it rest for about ten minutes.
- Pile the ham (about 3-4 slices) on top of the chicken and then place a thickly sliced piece of Brie on top (no rind). Place on the top rack of the oven at 350 degrees.Cook until cheese is slightly brown and bubbling.
- In a small bow, mix the field greens with a tablespoon of olive oil and a tablespoon of vinegar. I use my hands to mix the greens well.
- Cut the tomato in thick slices.
- Place a handful of the field greens mixture on the bottom of the bun and then add the tomatoes.
- Add the chicken breast topped with ham and brie. Top with the bun and cut in half.
My husband likes to toast the bun when we are eating this sandwich hot but I like it untoasted so that is a matter of preference.
I usually make two sandwiches at once. What makes this sandwich great is the creaminess of the Brie combined with all of the other flavors and the sweetness of the King’s Hawaiian Sandwich Rolls. The taste is amazing.
Try it and let me know what you think!