New Trends in Investment Companies If trends could brag, a trend that could brag about being the mother of all recent investment management drifts would be the democratization of investing. These involve middle-class and...
Why You Need TurboTax Self-Employed
This Why You Need TurboTax Premier post is sponsored by TurboTax.
Why You Need TurboTax Premier
Did you know that last tax season close to 72% of taxpayers received a tax refund close to $3,000?
That’s right, if you’re expecting a refund this year, you could use it to get a jump-start on saving, paying down debt and making progress towards your financial goals.
Right now is the time to get your taxes done and to get them done easily and accurately with TurboTax. The federal tax deadline has been extended to July 15, 2020 but it's really never too early to file your taxes once you have all of the right paperwork ready. You’ll also want to keep in mind that some state filing deadlines may be different than the new federal deadline, so check out the TurboTax blog for updates! If you’re a solopreneur, freelancer, contractor or side-hustler, TurboTax Self-Employed can help you find every deduction you qualify for and get every dollar you deserve this tax season. We hope that you enjoy this Why You Need TurboTax Self-Employed post.
If You’re Self-Employed TurboTax Self-Employed is for You
Whether you’re a side-hustler, independent contractor, freelancer, consultant, real-estate agent, rideshare driver and more — TurboTax has you covered.
Features of TurboTax Self-Employed
Whether you’re a lifelong freelancer or recently started making money with your side hustle, TurboTax Self-Employed delivers the personalization and total confidence that you need at tax time.
- Industry-Specific Deductions: TurboTax Self-Employed can help you find industry-specific tax deductions that others might miss, for industries including: real estate, rideshare, consulting services, online sellers, education or teaching services, personal trainers, home services, construction, performing arts, photography, personal and beauty services, and more.
- Effortless expense tracking: When you file with TurboTax Self-Employed, you can get a free year of QuickBooks Self-Employed, which makes it simple to capture receipts and track mileage and expenses year round.
- Audit Assessment: TurboTax provides a personalized audit assessment of your Schedule C income, so you can file with confidence.
- and more.
New this year, TurboTax Self-Employed is focused on eliminating data entry and solving the Year-Round tax headache for self-employed filers:
- 1099-MISC Snap & Auto Fill: Save time by leveraging technology, simply snap a pic of your 1099-MISC with your mobile phone and import all your information ensuring your data is entered accurately.
- Year-Round Tax Estimator: After completing your tax return, our new Year-Round Tax Estimator will provide you with a more accurate view of next year's taxes, based on your 2019 tax return Use this new feature in real-time, year-round, to stay on track, plan and avoid any surprises next tax season.
TurboTax Live Self-Employed
TurboTax Live Self-Employed gives you on-demand access to an elite team of credentialed tax experts – ALL Certified Public Accountants (CPAs), IRS Enrolled Agents (EAs) or Tax Attorneys with an average of 15 years of experience. You can click to connect with a real tax expert from the comfort of your house! You connect via one-way video, which means that you can see them, but they can’t see you! In other words, you can get expert help without changing out of your sweatpants or leaving the couch. If you have any questions, TurboTax Live experts can give you unlimited tax advice and answers, on demand. They can also give you a line-by-line review of your tax return, so you can file with confidence!
Who should use TurboTax Self-Employed?
TurboTax Self-Employed is designed for the unique needs of freelancers, contractors, and small business owners. Whether you’re self-employed full-time or working a side gig (or two), TurboTax Self-Employed can help with your personal & small business income and expenses.