This is a sponsored post for SheSpeaks/Smithfield at Walmart. We love pork around this house. It is one of our favorite meats to cook. Add in some of my favorite fruit, pomegranate and you...
Toffee Syrup Recipe – Perfect on Almost Anything
If you love the delicious taste of English Toffee, then this toffee syrup recipe is for you. You will find this has a creamy texture, buttery taste and is sweet as well. This is a fantastic compliment to coffee, hot cocoa, waffles, pancakes, oatmeal or ice cream. This can easily be mixed into adult drinks for fabulous hot toddy.
This simple toffee syrup recipe is great to make for yourself and/or other. Save money by making your own at own as large bottles of syrup can go for $20 or more.
Package in a pretty bottle to make a great gift for a friend or in a mason jar. Both are inexpensive and pretty options for packaging. Finish with some fabric, twine, or ribbon to dress it up.
And look at this nifty new invention: Pour caps for mason jars – how genius!
TOFFEE SYRUP Recipe
1 cup water
1 cup sugar
¾ cup toffee pieces
- In a small saucepan over medium-high heat combine; sugar,water, and toffee pieces.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool for 15 minutes.
- Pour into bottle through a mesh strainer to remove undissolved bits.
- Store your syrup in the refrigerator.
- Shake well with every use to recombine ingredients that may have settled.