There comes a time in everyone's life when they get or seize the opportunity to try Moonshine. Oh wait is that just me? I have to admit that when I visited the Outback HQ...
Snowman Cupcakes Recipe
Chocolate Cupcake Ingredients
- 1 1/3 C flour
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 C unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 3 TBSP unsalted butter, room temp
- 1/2 C sugar
- 2 eggs, room temp
- 3/4 tsp vanilla
- 1 C whole milk
- 1 C soft unsalted butter
- 4 + C powder sugar
- 4 TBSP heavy whipping cream
- 1 bag of marshmallows
- 1 bag of orange mini M&M's
Royal Icing Ingredients
- 2 egg whites
- 1 C powder sugar
- 1/2 tsp cream of tartar
- Black and red gel food coloring
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cupcake tins with paper liners.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cocoa and salt stirring together. Set aside.
- Cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy in a large bowl.
- Beat the eggs one at a time, after each addition, then add in the vanilla.
- Alternating add the flour mixture with the milk; beating well.
- Fill the lined cupcake tins 3/4 full.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean.
- Allow to cool in cupcake tin for 10 minutes.
- Move to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Cream the butter and powdered sugar until it looks light and creamy.
- If it doesn't cream add several drops of the heavy whipping cream until it creams.
- Test to see if the frosting can form and hold a stiff peak by taking a spoonful of frosting and turning the spoon upside down. If the frosting stays on the spoon it is ready if not then….
- Add more powdered sugar 1/2 C at a time…. mix well.
- If ready scoop the frosting into a pastry bag with a large round tip.
- Twist the open end of the pastry bag to push the frosting to the tip.
- Start by frosting on the outside edge of the cupcake working to the center of the cupcake.
Royal Icing Directions
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl mixing on medium speed for 4 minutes. (except your food coloring)
- If icing is not stiff enough add 1/4 C powder sugar.
- Spoon 2 TBSP of white icing into a bowl to use as glue.
- Divide the remaining icing in half. Add several drops of red gel food coloring in the first half of the icing.
- Add several drops of black gel food coloring into of the half icing … stir well to mix the color.
- Scoop the icing, red, white and black, into piping bags with small tips.
- Before placing the marshmallow on the cupcake.
- Using the black icing make two tiny dots for the eyes on the marshmallow.
- Add the black icing make 5-6 tiny dots in a half circle shape for the mouth.
- Apply a small dot of the white icing to the center of the marshmallow just below the two tiny black dots for eyes onto the mini orange M&M for the nose of the snowman.
- Set the Snowman marshmallow on top of the frosted cupcake.