Universal's Islands of Adventure in Orlando, Florida offers many activities for the entire family and is part of the Universal Studios family. Voted the Best Theme Park in 2010, it offers excitement and adventure...
See Puerto Rico
Last year was my first visit ever visit to Puerto Rico. I had thought about visiting before, had lots of friends tell me that it was amazing but for some reason, a visit just never worked out in my travels. Until last year.
Puerto Rico was one of the Ports of Call (stops) that our cruise ship was making during our week long cruise. I began to research much like I do before taking any vacation. The first thing that I did was visit SeePuertoRico.com and then start planning my trip.
ABOUT PUERTO RICO
Puerto Rico is a 5-star vacation destination filled with world-class attractions. Whether you’re a golfer, foodie, the adventure type, or a beach (rum) bum, Puerto Rico has everything that you want in a nice relaxing vacation. Just hop on a plane and go! Puerto Rico Tourism recently partnered with popular travel review site Trip Advisor to transform real traveler 5-star reviews into stunningly beautiful short films narrated by Puerto Rican stars.
These reviews will make you want to See Puerto Rico and live your own 5-star vacation story in Puerto Rico. From relaxing beaches to the impressive Camuy caverns, this beautiful island has something for everyone. We spent the entire day touring the island, swimming on the beaches, eating like locals and just soaking up the sun
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT IN PUERTO RICO
-Puerto Rico has 270 miles of coastline and featured in the Top 10 beaches from Travel Channel — including Flamenco Beach in Culebra, often cited as one of the best beaches in the world.
– You can glow like an angel in the water in the Bioluminescent bays.
– You can visit the only rainforest under US national park service, El Yunque, and climb to the clouds.
– History Buffs can enjoy old world charm of San Juan.
– Adventurers can enjoy horse back riding or the magnificent Camuy caverns that runs through the 3rd largest subterranean river in the world.
-Foodies can experience the delicacies of Puerto Rican gastronomy and it’s famous Rums.
FUN FACTS ABOUT PUERTO RICO
1. In Puerto Rico, Spanish and English are the official languages; most Puerto Ricans speak English.
2. Puerto Rico is a U.S. commonwealth and the U.S. dollar is the official currency; U.S. citizens don’t need a passport or a currency converter!
3. El Yunque is the only subtropical rainforest in the U.S. National Forest Service, a place so indescribable that it must be seen, heard and felt. It’s one of our must-visit destinations.
4. More than 70% of the rum sold in the U.S. comes from Puerto Rico; sample our favorite local brands and enjoy a tour of our rum distilleries.
5. Puerto Rico houses the world's largest single-dish radio telescope, spanning almost 20 acres. It’s the only radio telescope that can accurately predict when and where an asteroid might collide with Earth, and was responsible for the first asteroid images in history.
6. Toro Verde features the longest Zip Line on Earth: La Bestia. It uses a specially designed harness to soar through the air across 4,745 feet of terrain.