20 DIY Sequin Home Decor Projects I love a little sparkle and shine no matter where I am at. This is especially true in my home and with my clothing. A nice shiny accent...
Disney Pixar Monsters, Inc. Inspired Ornaments
Well, the Christmas Season is here! Which means it is time to get decorating and in the Christmas spirit! I am definitely one that loves to save money when it comes to decor. I love to head out to hobby lobby or any craft store and pick up some supplies to make my own decor and ornaments! Sometimes decor can get crazy expensive and I am not wanting to break the bank! I would rather put my own spin on the decor items and save a huge amount of money! Today I am going to be showing you how I made these adorable Monster's Inc. Mike and Sully ornaments!
- Clear Ornaments
- Light Green and Teal Paints
- Paint Pens for Details
- Ribbons for hangers
- We are going to start by filling our ornament, you will need to remove the top of the ornament.
- Now, take your paint and squirt a generous amount into the ornament
- Swirl the paint around to cover the entire surface of the ornament
- Get something like a cup that you can place the ornament on upside down to allow excess paint to fall out and the paint inside can dry, this will take some time. I recommend leaving them to dry over night.
- Once your ornaments have dried, take your green ornament and using a white paint pen draw a large circle to form mike's iconic one eye. Inside of that, draw a smaller blue circle, and finish it off with a tiny black circle on the inside to finish off the eye.
- Now for Mike's Mouth, just simply take your black paint pen and draw a black blob for Mike's mouth. This does not by any means need to be perfect, have fun and play with it. Now, take your white paint pen and draw a few teeth in there for Mike!
- He's all finished up! Let's move onto to Sully!
- Sully is a bit more simple than Mike, all you are going to do for him is take a purple paint pen and make little oblong spots all over the ornament. This will represent Sully's famous colors of that bright teal fur with purple spots!
Finish off both of your ornaments with a nice clear coat to seal the paint in, and then choose a colored ribbon to coincide with them and create a hanger by creating a loop at the top of the ornament!