We recently attended the Mom 2.0 Summit in Laguna Niguel, California and were sponsored by Best Buy. As an ambassador with Best Buy, we had the first look at the beautifully designed suite: The...
Homemade Strawberry Truffles Recipe
One of the most exciting things to do with my family every year is to go strawberry picking. It is almost strawberry picking time here in Georgia and even my kids are counting the days until we can visit our favorite farm.
We really cannot wait. The hardest part is narrowing down the sheer number of recipes we all want to make. As a result, I am having fun picking out recipes that can use some of the homemade things we will be making like strawberry sauce. We make one that is completely strained and one that is chunky. Both are delicious but the strained one is better for recipes like this one.
- 1 Pack Vanilla Wafer Sandwich Cookies (i.e. Golden Oreos)
- 8 oz Philly Cream Cheese
- 3 Tablespoons Strawberry Sauce (I drain to get rid of fruit and seeds)
- 1 Tray CandiQuik White Chocolate
- 1-2 drops pink food coloring
- Pulse cookies in food processor until crumbled. Add cream cheese and strawberry syrup and blend until smooth.
- Place mixture in refrigerator for about 2 hours or until firm.
- Using hands roll into balls approximately 1″ in diameter each. Refrigerate for approximately 30 minutes or until firm.
- Melt white chocolate according to package instructions.
- Using a fork, dip each ball in white chocolate, spooning over the top to completely coat. Place on wax paper to allow chocolate to harden.
- Add 2 drops of red food coloring to remaining white chocolate and combine.
- Using a fork or icing bag, drizzle pink chocolate over truffles.