I love nothing more than a delicious French toast for breakfast. While I don't indulge very often, I really love to try different French toast recipes. Here are some that sound delicious! 1. Cream...
Glazed Strawberry Donuts Recipe
For years, I have scheduled my family to go berry picking as soon as strawberries are in season. Some weekends my kids would rather veg out for a few hours with their video games or watching a movie and while we let them do that, they also spend an equal amount of time outside for every hour of screen time. We have a good balance.
I do have to schedule things. I have these kids who sometimes complain when I want to do something outside yet the temps are in the 90’s but that’s just life here in Georgia. So I occasionally have to drag them with me like I did to go berry picking a few weeks ago. The return trip home was filled with excited voices discussing all of the things that we could do with these huge strawberries besides just eat them whole. Those voices include my husband and myself.
The plan was to make something good with the strawberries and this year the family picked a strawberry donuts recipe. We made these truly delicious baked and glazed strawberry donuts with those berries that we picked so it was really a farm to table experience all on our own. This really gave my kids perspective and a great love of strawberries.
Glazed Strawberry Donuts
Makes 12 doughnuts
- 1 cup flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp melted butter
- 9 large strawberries, pureed with 3 tsp raspberry jam
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cups cold milk
- 1/4 cup of strawberry puree from the recipe above
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
- Spray two donut pans with nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl and whisk all of the doughnut recipe dry ingredients . Whisk in the milk, egg, and melted butter. Whisk in half of the strawberry puree (save the rest for the glaze).
- Fill each doughnut mold 3/4 full. Bake for 7-8 minutes. Remove the doughnuts from the pan and cool on a wire rack.
- In order to make the glaze, just wisk all of the ingredients together until smooth.
- Dip the doughnuts in the glaze and place back on the wire rack. Allow the doughnuts to rest for a couple of minutes to allow the glaze to set.
- Dip twice if you like! Enjoy.