Get to Know GE Appliances at Best Buy I am an appliance junkie. This means I love to learn about new appliances. I absolutely love seeing how creative companies get with including new technology...
Five Tips for Getting Fit as a Family
I had the opportunity to chat with Bob Greene last week and our conversation really centered around fitness as a family. He gave me some great tips which I shared with you below and even added a few of my own:
1. Create a family fitness plan. Make it simple and the goals achievable. It can be something as simple as walking together three days per week and drinking water at every meal. Put it down on paper and post it where everyone can see it.
2. Don't even offer the bad foods. Bob Greene said getting kids to eat healthy is a matter of training them to eat what is good for them. If your child is choosing chicken fingers and macaroni & cheese all of the time, it is because they have been offered these options. Take those away and offer things that are good for them.
3. Find fun things to do that fit your child's age. My youngest has a hard time with geting moving and it is because her older siblings are just much better than she is at certain activities. I find things that she can excel at and when she feels good about herself, she wants to move more.
4. Never force exercise. The quickest way to get your family off track is to force exercise on everyone. We search for fun activities that we can do together and frankly, they don't feel like exercise. We take walks around our neighborhood searching for the hawks, geese, owls and turtles that live there. Our youngest doesn't care that much so she pushes one of her dollies in a stroller. Everyone is involved in one way or another.
5. Teach the Why. This was a big thing with my two older kids buying into our family fitness activities. They know how eating right fuels their bodies and they know how exercise makes them stronger.
Canyon Ranch Sweepstakes
Check out the OmronFitness Facebook page between 3/05/12-4/01/12 to enter for your chance to win gift cards, a variety of Omron products, Bob Greene autographed books or the grand price to win a four (4) day, three (3) night stay for two at Canyon Ranch Spa in Tucson, AZ! You can enter once a week, so return weekly to enter!
So now you definitely want to make every step count, right? Make it count as a family, like we do in my house!
To enter, give me a tip for getting active either with your family or on your own. Leave the answer as a comment below as your first, mandatory entry. Comment must be relevant and make sense. If you cut and paste another entry on this blog, your entry will not count.
BONUS ENTRIES FOR EXTRA CHANCES TO WIN
Enter any of my other giveaways – take five entries for each contest you enter.
Blog about the giveaway as a separate post and link to thedivinemissmommy.com. Leave the link to your post in the comment.
Add me to one of your Google+ circles. Leave your Google+ name in the comments.
List this giveaway on any giveaway linky or giveaway site
Add a relevant comment to any non-giveaway posts on my blog
Add the Divine Miss Mommy button to your blogroll or sidebar
Give me K+ on Klout in Social Media, Blogging or Moms and Tweet about it. You can do each topic once per day (so 6 entries per day total). Leave your Klout name in the comments so I can check it on my list.
Like this post by clicking the Facebook “Like” button
Follow @OmronFitness on Twitter
Follow @StacieinAtlanta on Twitter (that’s me!)
Tweet about the contest (up to 4 X per day – Subscribers can tweet every 2 hours or 12 X per day). Tweet MUST have the giveaway item, the word giveaway in the tweet and a link to this post along with @StacieinAtlanta and @OmronFitness in it.
Giveaway ends 03/30/12 at 11:59 PM EST. Entrants must be 18 or older and located in the US only. Winner to be chosen at random. All entries must be properly recorded in the comments to count (i.e. Link to tweets, Facebook page, etc). Winner will be notified via email and has 24 hours to respond. If winner does not respond, a new winner will be chosen and notified.
I’m being compensated to write this post by Bookieboo LLC in a blogger campaign with Omron Fitness.