20 DIY Upcycled Furniture Ideas When it comes to renovation and DIY in my home, the first place that I look is at our existing furniture. A great furniture upcycle can save our project...
Easy Mother’s Day Frame Craft
You can create this simple and spring themed Mother’s Day craft for less than $5. You can grab most of the items from your local Dollar store, Target or from things that you have around your house.
Look at your local thrift store for picture frames as low as .50 cents each. Craft stores such as Hobby Lobby and Michael’s will have scrapbook paper such as the piece you see here as well as the wooden cut outs. Cut outs such as these come in a variety of shapes and are around $1 each. In all, you should be able to craft this project for less than $5!
EASY MOTHER'S DAY FRAME CRAFT
Wood cut outs
Hot glue, glue gun
1. Begin by dissembling your frame (discard the glass but keep the backing) and laying it out on newspaper. Apply two coats of paint to the frame and allow it to dry thoroughly.
2. Lay your wooden cut out on newspaper next. Apply two coats of paint to it as well.
3. While your frame and cut out dry, cut your scrapbook paper to fit inside the frame. It will act as backdrop to your cut out.
4. Once the paint on both pieces is dry, start assembling. Do this by placing the paper in the frame. Glue the shape over it directly in the center.
5. Place the backing with the paper and the wooden shape attached back into the frame. Discard the glass as you will not be placing it back into the frame.
Your frame is now ready to be displayed! Hang it just as you would a picture in any space you could use a pop of color. You could also adapt these directions to make cute frames for a child's room.