Agua Fresca Recipe If you've been reader around here for a while then you probably already know that I love to host parties and have people coming over. So needless to say, I'm already...
Crustless Apple Pies Recipe
I love apple pie and I seriously love apples. However, I was one of those people who went to the store and just bought apples that looked good. That was until I tried Ambrosia™ apples.
Have you tried these amazing apples? We received a crate of them and devoured them the first day. However, I wanted to make a recipe with them so I immediately went to the store the next day and bought more apples. I had to hide them from my family.
ABOUT AMBROSIA™ APPLES
Naturally sweet: Ambrosia™ apples have a distinct honeyed and slightly perfumed flavor. They are one of the sweetest apples in today’s market.
Crisp and juicy: Ambrosia™’s flesh is tender and juicy with a very fine, crisp texture. Taste comparisons have shown that even tart apple fans are won over by AmbrosiaTM’s juiciness and crunchy texture.
Bi-colored beauty: Ambrosia™ skin is smooth, with a bright, almost iridescent pink blush over a creamy background.
Good source of fiber and vitamin C. Ambrosia™ apples, like all apples, are a good source of fiber and vitamin C. One medium apple provides four grams of fiber, which is nearly 20 percent of the daily fiber recommendations, and 15 percent of the recommended daily intake of vitamin C.
Nature’s original 100 calorie snack. A medium-sized apple is 100 calories. With Ambrosia™’s natural sweetness, it’s a great snack option when sweet cravings set in.
Heart healthy. Flavonoid-rich apples, including Ambrosia™, have a heart-healthy reputation. A number of studies have linked eating an apple a day to reducing the risk of heart disease, stroke and lowering LDL (bad) cholesterol.
Ambrosia™ apples are crisp, refreshing and delicious apples that everyone in my household loves. I liked cooking with them and I love eating them just as much.
CRUSTLESS APPLE PIES WITH AMBROSIA™ APPLES
- 2 Ambrosia™ apples
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Cut the top off of your Ambrosia™ apples
- Scoop out the middle of your Ambrosia™ apples using a spoon
- Cut up what you have just scooped out of the center
- Mix into your apples that you have just cut up your cinnamon and brown sugar and stir to completely cover the apples
- Now, put your apple mixture back into the middle of your hollow apples
- In a baking dish, put just enough water to cover the bottom of the dish and place your apples in the dish, put the tops of the apples that you previously cut off back on top of the apples
- Bake for 15 minutes
- Remove from oven and take off the tops of the apples again and bake for an additional 5 minutes
- Remove from oven and let cool for about five minutes.
- For added flavor, serve with vanilla ice cream!
GET SOCIAL WITH AMBROSIA™ APPLES
Visit the Ambrosia™ Apples website
Like Ambrosia™ Apples on Facebook
Tweet with Ambrosia™ Apples on Twitter
See what Ambrosia™ Apples is Pinning on Pinterest
Search the #iloveAmbrosia hashtag to join the conversation.