RASPBERRY RUFFLE CUPCAKES INGREDIENTS CAKE 1 box cake mix with their suggested ingredients plus 1 egg and substitute the oil for unsalted butter.FROSTING 1-2 teaspoons vanilla (depending on how strong you would like the...
Mini Cinnamon Apple Crisps Recipe #LoveLittleBites
This Mini Cinnamon Apple Crisps Recipe post was sponsored by Entenmann’s® Little Bites®. All opinions are my own.
Mini Cinnamon Apple Crisps Recipe
For me, when I think of fall, the scent that always comes to mind is cinnamon. Cinnamon is one of those scents that makes me think of the autumn season no matter what time of year. This is my favorite time of year so it is no surprise that I tend to have a lot of recipes with cinnamon or other things we associate with fall.
I talk about Entenmann’s® Little Bites® a lot on this blog. Everyone in my family loves Little Bites® so it was only natural that we would partner with them. We have created some fun recipes and attended some really cool events as part of this partnership. This month they asked us to come up with something fun for back to school. Since our kids love to create and assemble, we came up with a snack that is absolutely perfect for little hands to make and eat. This Mini Cinnamon Apple Crisps Recipe makes 15 mini crisps that your who family will love. That is, if you share.
Mini Cinnamon Apple Crisps Recipe
Ingredients for the crust
- 1 box Little Bites® Snickerdoodle Muffins
- 5 Tbsp melted unsalted butter
- ½ tsp Kosher flake salt
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees.
- Break up all of the Little Bites® muffins into small pieces. Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a silpat and bake for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. The goal here is to dry out the muffin crumbs.
- After 20 minutes, remove muffin crumbs from oven and cool. Once cool, measure out 1 ½ cups of crumb and reserve the rest (it should only be a couple of tablespoons). Place the 1 ½ cups of crumb into a food processor and pulse until you have a finely ground crumbs.
- In a small mixing bowl, mix the finely ground muffin crumbs with the salt and butter. Set aside.
Ingredients for the filling
- 1 ½ tsp unsalted butter
- 2 Granny Smith apples
- 1 ½ Tbsp granulated sugar
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- Peel and core the apples. Dice the apples into small pieces, about ¼ inch square.
- Melt the butter in a medium sized sautee pan over medium heat. Add the apples and toss to coat with the butter. Add the sugar and cinnamon. Toss to coat, and then cook the apple mixture until any liquid that is released becomes thick (about 10 minutes). Set the apples aside to cool.
Assemble your crisps
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Using a small muffin pan, press the butter and crumb mixture into each muffin holder, creating a crust. Bake for 12 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Once the crusts are cool, remove them from the pan and fill each with about a tablespoon of the apple mixture.
- Top with the reserved crumbs and serve.
About Entenmann's® Little Bites
Entenmann’s® Little Bites® are not only a family favorite, they are also something that I feel good about giving to my children (and husband). Little Bites®:
- come in perfectly portioned pouches
- most varieties are less than 200 calories per pouch
- are ideal for breakfast or snacking on-the-go
- never contain high fructose corn syrup or trans-fat
- are available nationwide and year-round
Collect Little Bites Pouches to Donate to Schools
When your kids are finished enjoying their Little Bites®, don't throw away those pouches! As part of its continued partnership with TerraCycle, Entenmann's® Little Bites® will run a collection contest to encourage schools to collect and recycle their snack pouches in celebration of the upcoming back-to-school season. Participants will be able to win free snacks and earn TerraCycle points, which can be redeemed for charitable donations to schools and non-profit organizations. TerraCycle is a global leader in recycling hard-to-recycle waste that aims to give back to the communities they serve by providing fundraising opportunities such as this one.
The contest will run from August 15 – October 31, 2017.
There are two ways to participate:
- Collection contest to send in the most Entenmann's® Little Bites® pouches
- Schools can design and build a creative collection receptacle for the Entenmann's® Little Bites® pouches
Entenmann's® & TerraCycle will provide prizing including 120 boxes of Entenmann's® Little Bites® and thousands of TerraCycle points. The Entenmann's Little Bites ® Pouch Recycling Program is open to any individual, school or organization interested in reducing local landfill waste. You can learn more about the Entenmann's® Little Bites ® Pouch Recycling Program, please visit: http://www.terracycle.com/en-US/brigades/entenmanns-little-bites-pouch-brigade
We hope that you loved our Mini Cinnamon Apple Crisps Recipe made with delicious Entenmann’s® Little Bites® in the Snickerdoodle flavor. They were crisp, juicy and delicious. We will definitely make them again.
This Mini Cinnamon Apple Crisps Recipe post was sponsored by Entenmann’s® Little Bites®. All opinions are my own