If you saw my last post, then you know that I am part of the Skype Ambassador Program. I shared a lot of details about how much I use Skype. I really love how...
Smart Snacks for Healthy Teeth
How important is oral care to your family? Oral is something that is very important to me but unfortunately I know that we are not doing everything that we can do as a family to take care of our teeth. It seems like a constant struggle with my children to get them to even brush their teeth some days.
We don't always brush our teeth twice a day. I am pretty convinced I am the only one in our family who flosses although I do try to get others to floss. Sometimes it is a little longer than six months between dental check ups.
But we do a lot of things right as well. We do brush. The right way. We drink a lot of water and eat pretty healthy snacks for the most part. No one is our house eats candy. We almost always skip dessert. And we do get regular checkups.
I floss and brush regularly. My husband brushes regularly and uses mouthwash daily. My children brush daily as well.
The Colgate Building Smiles Together Mission is designed to help you and your family out!
BUILDING SMILES TOGETHER MISSION
In an effort to help combat rising cavity rates and build healthy smiles, Colgate's Bright Smiles, Bright Futures® is working with Walmart to create “Building Smiles Together™” — a new initiative dedicated to providing free dental screenings and oral health education to children in need.
Traveling around the country throughout the year, a fleet of Colgate's Bright Smiles, Bright Futures® mobile dental vans will be on-site at participating Walmart stores. Staffed by volunteer dental professionals, children (ages 1- 12) will receive free screenings, treatment referrals and key learning tools to help them build a lifetime of healthy habits.
By combining the free screenings and education with Walmart's everyday low prices and broad assortment of oral care products, this initiative will provide families the much-needed access to the education and everyday oral care necessities they need to live better, healthier lives.
We shopped together as a family at Walmart to purchase some oral care items. Everyone gets to pick out their own toothpaste. We came home with Bratz, Dora and Sponge Bob toothpaste. My husband and I both got new toothbrushes plus our regular Colgate Max Fresh toothpaste. The entire family got some of the Colgate Wisp's. We all love those things. We are all fans of Colgate products and tend to use them regularly.
- July 22- 630 Collins Hill Rd, Lawrenceville, GA- 3pm- 5pm
- August 5- 4375 Lawrenceville Hwy, Tucker GA- 10am- 1pm
- August 11- 4735 Jonesboro Rd, Union City GA- 10am- 5pm
- August 19- 1871 Chamblee Tucker Rd, Chamblee GA- 10am- 1pm
- August 19- 4725 Ashford Dunwoody Rd, Atlanta GA- 3pm- 5pm
- September 3- 7001 Concourse Okwy, Douglasville GA- 3pm- 5pm
- September 3- 600 Carrollton Villa Rica Hwy, Villa Rica GA- 10am- 1pm
- September 10- 1133 EW Connector SW, Austell GA- 10am- 1pm
- September 10- 2717 Highway 54, Peachtree City GA- 3pm- 5pm
- September 23- 4375 Lawrenceville Hwy, Tucker GA- 3pm- 5pm
Follow Colgate on Twitter or Like them on Facebook
SMART SNACKS FOR HEALTHY TEETH
Read the entire article on the Colgate website
Fresh fruits and raw vegetables
Unsweetened fruit and vegetable juices
Canned fruits in natural juices
Tortilla chips (baked, not fried)
Milk and dairy products
Low or non-fat milk
Low or non-fat yogurt
Low or non-fat cheese
Low or non-fat cottage cheese
Meat, nuts and seeds
(these snacks combine foods from the different groups)
- Choose sugary foods less often
- Avoid sweets between meals
- Eat a variety of low or non-fat foods from the basic groups
- Brush your teeth with fluoride toothpaste after snacks and meals
Disclosure: This shop has been compensated as part of an insight study with #CollectiveBias. Opinions are my own.