Homemade chicken pot pie is one of the best comfort food dishes of all time. You can take a few short cuts and use frozen vegetables and a shred a grocery store rotisserie chicken if you're short on time. Plus, you can easily double this recipe and freeze one pie for later!
HOMEMADE CHICKEN POT PIE
1 box prepared pie crust
1/3 cup butter or margarine
1/3 cup chopped onion
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
1 clove garlic, minced
1 3/4 cups chicken broth
1/2 cup milk
2 1/2 cups shredded cooked chicken
1/2 cup corn
1/2 cup petite peas
1 cup carrots, chopped
2 cups potatoes, chopped
1 tablespoon butter, cut into small pieces
1. In a large stockpot, bring the water to a boil and cook the potatoes until tender. Drain and set aside. Repeat with the carrots.
2. In a large pot, melt butter over medium heat. Add the onion and allow it to sweat until clear, stirring frequently. Add in the garlic and cook for one minute more.
3. Add in the flour, salt and pepper until well mixed. Slowly mix in the broth and milk, stirring until it starts to thicken and bubble.
4. Remove from the heat and stir in the chicken, potatoes, vegetables and dried tarragon. Taste and adjust seasoning as needed.
5. Preheat the oven to 425-degrees. Prepare pie crusts as directed on box for two-crust pie using 9-inch glass pie pan.
6. Spoon the mixture into the prepared pie plate. Add the small pieces of butter on top of the filling. You can use pie topper cutters to create a design on top, or even just free-hand with a paring knife. Carefully add the top crust and pinch the edges to seal.
7. In a small bowl, whisk the egg. Brush the top of the pie with the egg wash. Cover with a pie crust shield and bake about 28 minutes. Remove the shield, brush with more egg wash, if needed, and bake until the crust is golden brown and the mixture is bubbly.
Every year we visit friends and spend Halloween with them. We live in a great neighborhood but unfortunately there are only 5-6 house with kids and there are no other neighborhoods within close walking...
Welcome to divine lifestyle! thanks for stopping by.
Stacie lives in Atlanta, Georgia with her husband and children. She has an insatiable love of travel, loves food and creating recipes (with her chef husband), is an avid shopper, loves all things tech, beauty & fashion. She hoards shoes & handbags. Stacie and her family are avid DIYers currently renovating their entire 1968 Brady Bunch house.
Cannot get other user media. API shut down by Instagram. Sorry. Display only your media.
Stacie Connerty is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to https://divinelifestyle.com