1. Glow-in-the-Dark Assorted Critters, 144 ct — $5.65 Free Shipping with Amazon Prime or a $35 Purchase Final Price: $.04 Each Shipped 2. Halloween Pencil Top Erasers, 144 ct — $9.45 Free Shipping with...
Building the Perfect High School
This is a sponsored post with XQ: The Super School Project through MODE Media. #RethinkHighSchool
From the moment I found out I was pregnant I immediately became concerned about schooling and the educational system. I wanted to raise kids who loved learning and who would excel in school. For this to happen we had to move from the home we loved and into a better school district.
Within three months of our first child being born, we moved into a different school district. My husband and I felt that this was important enough to relocate our little family at the time. We moved again three years later but again we made certain that we were moving into a better school district. At that point, we had two children and we felt that this was important enough to take matters into our own hands.
We are happy about the school district we live in now, although there are a few things that I would change. I would have smaller classes and give the kids more access to teachers. I would provide more for the teachers so that they are not spending their own money every year. We are just two years away from having our first child in high school and if I could, I would absolutely design the perfect high school for my kids.
ABOUT XQ: THE SUPER SCHOOL PROJECT
XQ: The Super School Project (from the XQ Institute) is a national movement and an open call to reimagine and design the next high school. In towns and cities far and wide, teams will unite and take on this important work of our time: Rethinking and building schools that deeply prepare our students for the rigorous challenges of college, jobs, and life. American ingenuity can and must move education forward. This is a challenge, open to all, to build the Super Schools that will lead the way.
The most forward-thinking schools, districts and communities will be rewarded and supported with with resources, expertise and support from some of the most brilliant thinkers in America today.
ABOUT THE XQ INSTITUTE
The XQ Institute is in service of parents and pioneers, entrepreneurs and teachers, business leaders and administrators, youth and education experts–who are joining a movement to rethink America's schools. Together, we can use our knowledge, rigor, and creativity to create a new model for school itself.
SUBMIT YOUR XQ: THE SUPER SCHOOL PROJECT PROPOSAL TODAY
Over the next few months, the XQ Institute is accepting your proposals. Then they will partner with the winning teams and provide them expert support and a fund of $50 million to support at least five schools over the next five years to turn their ideas into real Super Schools. The competition will be fierce and designed to spark the most innovative ideas that spur excellence in education — this is a rare chance for some of the most creative thinkers to work with school leaders and community members to imagine new possibilities across every facet of a high school.
MY PERFECT HIGH SCHOOL
My perfect high school would absolutely harness the creativity, courage and love of learning of my children and indeed those children in our community. I would design a globally connected, technologically enhanced school that allows students a glimpse into their future and insight into education around the world. Here are a few things that I would love to see:
- iPads for every student given to them for the entire four years and updated/replaced as needed.
- Online class options offered for all students.
- Three meal options for all students. Breakfast and lunch would be provided plus the option for a boxed dinner to take home for students.
- Targeted learning tracks if the student chooses. Drama, Arts, Foreign Languages, etc.
- Global classrooms with classes held concurrently with schools in other countries.
- Small classrooms with a 1 to 10 teacher-student Each homeroom teacher would mentor and teach their kids for all four years of high school. The teacher would stay with their class.
- Solid college and career planning would also be done with their teacher. Teachers would help each student plan their path after graduation.
This high school would build confidence, foster creative ideas and help our children feel safe while meeting the challenges of this generation. Simply put, we will help shape the next generation of global citizens.
WHAT DOES YOUR PERFECT HIGH SCHOOL LOOK LIKE?
XQ: The Super School Project is an open call to reimagine and design the next American high school. In towns and cities far and wide, teams will unite and take on this important work of our time: Rethinking and building schools that deeply prepare our students for the rigorous challenges of college, jobs, and life.