How Black Friday Shopping Will (Hopefully) Be Different This Year Considering that we’re in the middle of the most serious health crisis in a century, it stands to reason that the shopping rush will...
Best Subscription Gifts
Best Subscription Gifts
Plans are being made to get out of town (or the country!); we're shopping in person more and able to smile at one another. But, not all pandemic habits need to be left behind. Through the last year of almost exclusively shopping online and having everything delivered, certain things just make sense no matter what our “new normal” looks like. Picking the best subscription gift depends on the person you're giving it to and their interests! To narrow it down, consider what they enjoy and what might fit their lifestyle. Below are some ideas for different categories to get you started. We hope that this Best Subscription Gifts post inspires you.
Foodies, Drinkers & Home Chefs
Like so much of the world, we all became better chefs during the lockdown. So, it's no surprise that the meal kit subscription business has exploded. These services were already trending for several years before C19 but took off in the last year, with good reason too! Kits like these force your hand on preparing a meal that's much more exciting than your weekly spaghetti and salad dinner. They're even tailored to virtually every dietary restriction or lifestyle, making them an excellent fit for even the pickiest or most sensitive palettes. Meal Kit subscriptions also make thoughtful gifts for those in your life who need a little nudging in the culinary department. Consider subscribing to one and giving it a try. If you know deep down this level of cooking is more than you're looking for, you can even subscribe to things as simple as a pre-made smoothie or salad kit; these keep you stress-free and healthy, and who doesn't just love that?
Meal Kit Delivery
Meats & Fish
- Butcherbox: 100% grass-fed and finished beef, humanely raised pork, free-range organic chicken, and wild-caught seafood delivered right to your door.
- Carnivore Club: Premium cured meats are delivered to your door every month featuring a new artisan.
- Omaha Steaks
- Butchers Choice Subscription Box
- Jerky Gent beef jerky subscription
Local Food Delivery Services
Coffee & Tea
- Atlas Coffee Club: Delivers different single-origin coffees from around the world each month.
- Bean Box: Offers a variety of coffee roasts and blends delivered to your door.
- Blue Bottle Coffee: A specialty coffee company that takes your good taste seriously.
- Camano Island Coffee Roasters: Ethical coffee beans mean all organic guaranteeing farmer safety and shade-grown guaranteeing bird habitat and preventing soil erosion.
- Black Rifle Coffee Company
- LifeBoost Coffee
- Art of Tea Club
- Intelligentsia Coffee
Beer & Beverages
- Wall Street Journal Wine
- Gold Metal Wine Club
- Bright Cellars
- Cellars Wine Club
- First Leaf Wine Club
- Vero Wines
- BOXT Wine Club
- Plonk Wine Club
- German Food Box
- Spiceology Grinder Kit: Monthly spice blends with unique flavor profiles. Check out Spiceology.
- Eat2Explore: A subscription box with pantry staples and treats to inspire global cooking adventures.
- Hungryroot: Hungryroot is the easiest way to eat healthy! Good-for-you groceries and simple recipes, are recommended just for you.
- Grill Masters Club
- Misfits Market
- Candy Club
- Cookie Subscription
- Sfoglini Pasta Club
There are many avenues to choose from for how we get our groceries delivered to us. Whichever you go with these services just make sense from a timesaving perspective. Except hand selecting your produce, these have been an absolute life and time saver. There's no reason to go back to in-store grocery shopping unless you're the type to spend ten minutes in produce looking for that Holy Grail Apple.
Beauty & Self-Care Enthusiasts
- Ipsy Glam Bag: Affordable mix of high-end and drugstore makeup, skincare, and beauty tools.
- GlossyBox: Features curated beauty products based on a personalized quiz.
- FabFitFun: Offers a mix of full-size beauty, fashion, and lifestyle products.
- Birchbox: Delivers a selection of grooming and lifestyle products for men.
- Beachly Beauty Box: A box of beach-inspired, cruelty-free, clean beauty products delivered to your door. Up to $100 retail value inside each box.
- Allure Beauty Box
- How to Be A Redhead Beauty box
Some people loved shopping pre-pandemic, and some hated it. Now you can consider virtual styling. Essentially, you go to the website and answer a few simple questions about what you're lifestyle looks like, what you're hoping to achieve look-wise, and your measurements. They'll curate a box full of looks for you and ship them directly. You get to decide what you love and don't love and send back anything that isn't going to work for you; you only pay for what you do love. They are such a timesaver and money saver because the right clothing means less returns.
- Bespoke Post
- Vince Unfold
- Scentbird fragrances
- Sock It To Me sock subscription
- Urbane Box men's subscription
- SockPanda sock subscription
Bath & Body
Fitness & Wellness
Entertainment, Readers & Learners
- Barnes & Noble Book Club: Curated selection of new hardcover books delivered monthly.
- Kindle Unlimited E-book and audiobook subscription service from Amazon.
- Audible audiobook subscription service with a large library of titles.
Curious and Creative
- Cratejoy: Huge variety of subscription boxes for hobbies, interests, and activities.
- Hunt a Killer: Interactive murder mystery subscription box to solve at home.
- The Knitting Circle
- Spark, Hustle, Grow Entrepreneurs subscription box
For the Home
- Cratejoy Home Decor Box
- Loot Crate Home
- GlobeIn Artisan Box: Handmade artisan goods from around the world are delivered monthly.
- Abode Box
- Handy Home Cleaning Services
- Date Night In Subscription box
- Walt Life Disney Lovers Subscription box
- Lovevery Play Kits
- Kiwi Eureka Crate
- Landmark Kids Subscription Box
- Finders Seekers Junior Explorers
Arts & Crafts
- Little Passports World Edition: Educational subscription box for kids about different cultures.
- Kids Crafts
STEM & Science
- MEL Science
- The Young Scientists Club
- Kiwi Crate Tinker Crate: STEM and crafts subscription boxes for kids of all ages.
- CodeSpark Academy
- Green Kid Crafts
Cooking & Baking
Treats, toys, and accessories for your furry friend. Skipping months taking our furbabies to the groomer was torture on us all, pets included! No one bathes and trims an animal we love quite as the professionals do. Though you may be back to taking your beloved family pet to the actual groomer's location, you can still get the rest of their goods delivered straight to your door. With sites like Chewy or Amazon or just ordering direct from pet stores and manufacturers, there is no reason not to just set up cat litter delivery instead of wasting that time driving to such specific stores. You can even subscribe to toy delivery services that send you several toys per month based on breed, size, and chewing habits. It's a win/win for everyone in your family – human or otherwise!
Toys & Treats
Subscribe & Save
PRO TIP: Consider the length of the subscription. Some people might prefer a shorter commitment, while others might appreciate a longer gift. You can also choose a gift card that allows the recipient to choose their subscription box.
The point of all these time-saving delights is to give you back your free time. We never stopped working during the pandemic, but we sure did learn the value of time spent with loved ones and being able to enjoy the lives we're living. Remember to consider the recipient's age, interests, and budget when choosing a subscription gift. You can also browse online subscription marketplaces like Cratejoy or Amazon Subscribe & Save for more inspiration. We hope that this Best Subscription Gifts post inspires you. Happy shopping!