Rolo Snickerdoodles Recipe When I think of fall, I think of a few scents in particular. I think of vanilla and cinnamon. Not only do these scents remind me of fall but they also...
Bacon Fried Mac and Cheese Bites Recipe
Bacon fried mac and cheese bites are not only the best appetizer ever. They are also incredibly easy to make and are freezer friendly. We hope that you love our Bacon Fried Mac and Cheese Bites Recipe.
Ok. So bacon + fried + mac and cheese….do I need to say more? I mean I'm pretty sure those are the three most perfect things in the world. That and the fact that they are bite-sized (and therefore oh so cute!). These things are a win in my book every single day.
Bacon Fried Mac and Cheese Bites are Delicious
If you've been a reader around here for a while then your probably already know that I love to entertain. So needless to say, I'm always on the lookout for delicious and easy appetizer recipes that are a total crowd favorite. It seems like I am constantly testing new recipes and ideas.
It was during a trip to the grocery store that the idea of bacon fried mac and cheese hit me. So I came home running and tested it… and then tested it again… then shared it with family…then did a quick taste test again. The result of all those tests and tries is this recipe; and oh my gosh it's so good I can barely contain myself!
I just want to throw a party to have an excuse to serve them.
These bacon fried mac and cheese bites (or as I like to call them, flavor bombs) are freezer friendly, which means you can make them ahead of time and when party time comes you just need to deep fry them (or bake them if you prefer to go that route).
Bacon Fried Mac and Cheese Bites
- 3 Cups macaroni
- 1 Cup cheddar cheese
- 6 Tbsps butter
- 6 Bacon strips
- 5 Eggs
- ½ Cup bread crumbs
- 2 Tbsps paprika
- 2 Tbsps chopped chive
- 1 Cup vegetable oil
- Salt to taste
- In a frying pan over medium-high heat, fry the bacon until crispy, and chop.
- In a pot incorporate the water, and pasta, cook according to package instructions.
- When the macaroni floats or until al dente, remove the pot from the heat, drain the water, and beat in the cheddar cheese, some of the bacon, and the butter. Keep stirring until melted, if needed place in the microwave for no longer than 30 seconds.
- Use the hands to make bite sizes balls.
- In a bowl beat in the eggs and in another place the breadcrumbs.
- Coat in the balls first in the bowl of the eggs and then in the breadcrumbs.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a frying pan; place the crumb balls, fry until golden, and transfer to a paper towel. Repeat this process until done.
- Top with the remaining bacon and chives.
- Serve and enjoy.