July 2015 Top Shopping Picks as seen on Instagram As an avid shopper, I am always on the lookout for a great deal. I like never paying full price whenever possible. Here are some...
6 Must Have Haircare Products
As a woman, finding the perfect products to get your hair in the condition and shape you want it in can be a tiring task. There are so many products on the market today with thousands of claims that you need some sort of guideline for yourself when it's time to pick out products so you know what and how something works and if it's going to be beneficial for your hair.
Certain hair care products work no matter your hair type and you can use that as an outline when shopping for new products. From clarifying to volumizing, there is a product on this list that you'll need and may be missing because you just don't know what to look for. Keep in mind you don't have to run out and grab these exact products, go with a brand you like or try something new using this list as a guideline for the types of products you should be looking for.
1. One ‘n Only Argan Oil Spray Treatment – Hair oils are the cult favorites of just about any stylist you ask. Argan oil brings life back into your hair. I recommend using it on wet hair from about your mid section down towards your ends, carefully staying away from the roots so it doesn't dry and look oily. Argan oil can help to repair split ends so it can also be used on your ends when your hair is dry by applying a pea sized amount rubbing between both hands and then gently combing through your hair.
2. Suave Basic Daily Clarifying Shampoo – In addition to whatever shampoo and conditioner combo you are using on a routine basis you want to make sure that you have a clarifying shampoo on hand. Clarifying shampoos work to strip your hair of all the unnecessary product build up from your styling products and the day to day pollution you get just from being outside. Suave's clarifying products are extra gentle & they won't strip your hair of it's moisture so you could potentially use them daily, I recommend once or twice a week though so you can continue with your combo that you love that may give you your color protection, added moisture, repair etc.
3. Neutrogena Triple Moisture Deep Recovery Hair Mask – A hair mask like this one is most effective when used once to twice a week. It will restore the shine that could be missing from your hair from over styling, help to mend split ends that are resulting from color treated hair. Hair masks can be used to ring moisture and life back to otherwise lackluster, dull, and super dry hair. You can use this mask right in the shower on wet hair and let it set for about 5 minutes before rinsing. Try to rinse it with luke warm to cold (if you can handle it) water so that it doesn't build up and stick to your roots.
4. Got2b Guardian Angel Flat Iron Balm with Gloss Finish – You always, always, always want to have a heat protectant on hand if you do any kind of styling with a blow dryer, flat iron, or curling iron. Those tools with repeated use can wreak havoc on your hair so you want to invest in a barrier to give yourself some bonus protection. You don't have to buy 3 different kinds specific to each tool, even if it says “flat iron” it will still have the same effect up against your blow dryer and curling irons.
5. Big Sexy Hair Firm Volumizing Hairspray, Spray & Play Harder – This hairspray is a little on the expensive side but worth it because you really don't use much to get your style to hold. When looking for an everyday hairspray I recommend looking towards something that has volumizing agents and medium to hard hold. You don't want to grab an extra hold hairspray if you're looking for something that will hold but still look natural.
6. Salon Grafix Invisible Dry Spray Shampoo – Dry shampoo's are amazing! You can get away with having 2-4 day old hair without showing it. They restore volume to flat hair, make it easier to tease if that's what you're looking for and generally give the illusion of freshly washed hair. Spray it onto roots and comb through for the desired look.
BONUS TIP: You can achieve the same results by sprinkling a bit of corn starch or baking soda
directly onto your roots and combing through.
What is your must have haircare product?