This post is sponsored by DOLE® Canned Pineapple Juice, the “King of Juices”. As a part of our ongoing favorite blog recipe series, Game Day for the Gourmet is back with one of the...
Rice Krispies Easter Egg Treats
We are huge lovers of RICE KRISPIES in this house. In fact, they are one of our favorite cereals. My kids and I especially love Cocoa Krispies but I really like them all.
We make Rice Krispies treats for all school functions and as team mom, I love giving the kids this treat after soccer games. The fabulous thing about making Rice Krispies treats is that they are made with only three ingredients (check out the base Rice Krispies treats recipe here). They are fast, simple and delicious every single time.
We added a little twist on our favorite recipe and made it even more fun for Easter with these Easter Egg Rice Krispies Treats.
EASTER EGG RICE KRISPIES TREATS
- 40 marshmallows
- 4 Tbs. butter
- 6 C. Rice Krispies
- Green food coloring
- Egg shaped cookie cutter
- Pink candy melts
- Nonpareils sprinkles
- Nonstick spray
- Spray 9×13 pan with nonstick spray.
- In a large pan melt butter and marshmallows on low heat. Once the mixture is smooth stir in the 6 cups of Rice Krispies cereal and coat completely.
- Pour into 9×13 pan and press down evenly with wax paper (mixture will be sticky) or with the back of a large spoon.
- Use the cookie cutters to cut out the Easter Eggs and set aside.
- Melt the pink candy melts in a microwave safe bowl in 30 second increments stirring until melted.
- Let cool 12 minutes. Dip the Egg treats into the chocolate one at a time and set aside. Sprinkle with nonpareils.
CHECK OUT THE RICE KRISPIES TREATS CREATIONS FROM WINE & GLUE
GET SOCIAL WITH RICE KRISPIES
Tweet with Rice Krispies on Twitter
What fun twists have you incorporated with Rice Krispies Treats?
Kellogg Company sponsored this blog post. The opinions and text are all mine.