Sometimes you just need something a little sweet, and comforting to soften the edges of a rough day. Perhaps you need a pretty dessert to bring to a potluck, Or maybe you’re just a chocolate fanatic...
Marshmallow Flowers on Chocolate Covered OREO’s Recipe
My kids and husband LOVE marshmallows. I like them in small doses. These chocolate covered OREO’s have these small, cute marshmallows on them plus whatever color of sprinkles you want to add to them. They are delicious!
MARSHMALLOW FLOWERS ON
CHOCOLATE COVERED OREO’S
- 1 sleeve Oreos
- ¾ cup Wilton Light Candy Cocoa Melts
- ½ cup M&M’s Chocolate Easter Candy
- ½ bag of mini marshmallows
- Colored Sprinkles (I used pink and purple but you could use any other ‘spring’ color)
- Sharp pair of kitchen scissors (for cutting the marshmallows) We recommend: Fiskars Scissors
- Pour each color of sprinkles into a shallow bowl and set aside.
- Using the kitchen scissors, cut the mini marshmallows horizontally into thirds so that they resemble petals. You will need 6-7 cut marshmallows for each flower so cut accordingly.
- Once you cut out a few petals place the sticky marshmallow side down into the sprinkle color of your choice (see photo) and set aside. Repeat with all the cut marshmallows.
- Once your petals are all cut and sprinkled melt the Wilton candy melts in a microwave safe bowl stirring every 30 seconds until melted. Let cool 2-3 minutes prior to dipping the Oreos.
- Once the chocolate is cool enough submerge the Oreos and cover with chocolate. Lift out with a fork and let the excess chocolate drip off. Lay on wax paper or a foil lined cookie sheet.
- After setting the Oreo down to set take 1 Easter M&M and place it in the middle of the cookie, using the marshmallows surround the M&M making a flowers.
- Repeat the process with the other Oreos, M&M’s and marshmallows.
- Once you are finished let set for 1 hour or to speed up the process place in the fridge for 15-20 minutes.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week or in the freezer for several months