This Sheet Pan Suppers Meatless Cookbook + $100 VISA #Giveaway #SheetPanSuppersMeatless post is sponsored. Sheet Pan Suppers Meatless Cookbook + $100 VISA #Giveaway #SheetPanSuppersMeatless Why stress over preparing several separate dishes for your family...
Fab Fall Treat: RICE KRISPIES Scarecrow Pops
This recipe for Rice Krispie treats will yield 6 large pops from a 9 x 13 pan. You can adjust the size depending on how many you need. (Will make 12 regular sized squares). The recipe for the bars comes off a box of Rice Krispies cereal. The scarecrow pop was inspired by Pinterest.
RICE KRISPIES SCARECROW POPS
RICE KRISPIES INGREDIENTS
- ¼ cup butter or margarine (I use butter)
- 1 ten oz bag regular-sized marshmallows
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract (this is optional but it makes them taste SO much better!)
- 6 cups Rice Krispies cereal
RICE KRISPIES DIRECTIONS
In a large saucepan, melt butter over low heat.
Add the marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
Stir in the vanilla.
Gradually add the Rice Krispies cereal, stirring until well coated.
Press into a buttered 9 x 13 pan ( I recommend using a buttered spatula)
Cool for at least one hour. Cut into bars.
SCARECROW POP SUPPLIES
- 9 x 13 already-made pan of Rice Krispies treats per recipe above
- White candy melts (I use Wilton but Walmart sells a bag for $2.48 that works great)
- Black decorating icing for the mouth
- Cream filled sugar wafers for the hats
- Miscellaneous candies to decorate the hats
- Candy corn for the noses
- Chciklets gum or any comparable candy for the eyes
- Nutella wafer stix and green Sour Twisters bubble gum for the hair (I bought both at Walgreens) or any kind of candy that resembles hair
SCARECROW POP ASSEMBLY
Using a large, round cookie cutter, or large drinking glass, cut out the scarecrow faces out of the pan of Rice Krispies treats. I was able to get 6 large faces out of the 9 x 13 pan.
In a microwave, melt ⅔ cup of the white candy melts in 15 second increments until smooth and creamy.
Ice the top of the round Rice Krispies pops with the melted white candy (or use your favorite canned or homemade frosting).
Let the pops “set” for 10 minutes
Using leftover melted candy melts (or icing), attach the candies for the hair onto the head. Let “set” for 10 minutes.
Dip the candy that you are using for the eyes into a bit of the melted candy and affix to the face.
Dip one side of the candy corn into the melted candy and attach to the face.
Using a tube of black decorator’s icing, draw a smile on each scarecrow pop. Let set for 10 minutes while you assemble the hats.
To make the hats, take one cream filled sugar wafer and break another in half. Attach the half-size wafer to the top of the full size one with melted candy melts or icing to ‘glue’ the pieces together (see picture). Set aside for 10 minutes to “set.”
To decorate the hats, use various candies attached by icing. On the boy scarecrow, I used a small strip of Nerds rope candy. On the girl scarecrow, I used red Mike and Ike candies and a gummy sweet tart.
Now, attach the hats to the hair on the scarecrow pops with a fair amount of icing or candy melts (see picture). Set aside for 10 minutes to “set.”
- Insert a lollipop stick into each scarecrow pop. ENJOY!