You can create this simple and spring themed Mother’s Day craft for less than $5. You can grab most of the items from your local Dollar store, Target or from things that you have...
Celebrate the Birthday of Dr. Seuss with Cat in the Hat Hats
We are big fans of Dr. Seuss around here. I grew up reading Dr. Seuss and I loved sharing his books with my children. My husband feels the same way.
In honor of the birthday of Dr. Seuss on March 2nd we have this fun recipe that is also a sort of craft as well. This is perfect for little hands to help put it together or you can make them yourself.
CAT IN THE HAT HATS
- 10 Oreo Cookies
- 20 marshmallows
- ½ C. White Frosting
- Red sprinkles
1. Carefully separate the OREO cookies placing them cream side down (you could also do cream side up if you prefer; cream side down was easier for me) onto a foil lined cookie sheet.
2. Pour the red sprinkles into a shallow bowl and set aside.
3. Take each marshmallow and dip 1/3 of it into the water. Next, dip it into the red sprinkles and set on a paper plate to set sprinkle side UP. Repeat this step with the other marshmallows set let set for 15-20 minutes.
4. Using a small spatula take a small amount of white frosting and dab it in the middle of the OREO. Take 1 marshmallow and lightly press it into the frosting, sprinkle side down.
5. Repeat this step with all of the marshmallows and frosted cookies. Place on a foil lined cookie sheet and place it in the fridge for 30 minutes – the frosting will set and act like ‘glue' holding the marshmallows and cookies together.
6. Once the frosting is set in the fridge remove and repeat step #2: dip the plain marshmallow side down into the water and then into the red sprinkles. Place on the foil lined cookie sheet.
7. Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week. I do not suggest freezing them.