DIY Kids Teepee Tent Tutorial for a Creative Play Space DIY kids teepee tent, anyone? We are back with absolutely the cutest DIY project. We love this DIY kids teepee tent because it's perfect...
Mason Jar Lid Jewelry Dish
This feels weird to say because I fight my hoarder tendencies everyday (thanks Mom!) but lately we have some fun recycling and repurposing some things around our house. Normally we try to get everything out in the recycling bin ASAP so the kids don't snag it for some makeshift playdough holder.
However lately I have saved several very sturdy plastic containers to try a few things out with (coming soon on the blog).
This Mason Jar Lid Jewelry Dish is the perfect craft to sort of dip your toe in the water of the crafting and see if it might be something that you like. What is even nicer is that looks so cute and makes a great gift or craft for kids to do for their moms.
MASON JAR LID JEWELRY DISH
- Metal mason jar lid with insert
- Assorted scrapbook paper
- Peel and stick cork or cork furniture discs
- Craft glue
- Scissors (by the way, everyone should own a pair of these old school scissors)
- Paint (optional)
1. Begin by applying a coat or two of paint to the lid if you wish for some extra color. We left the sample natural for a chrome look, but the choice is yours.
2. Turn the lid over onto the scrapbook paper and trace it with a pencil. Cut out the circle of paper. It should not fit perfectly inside of the lid. If not, trim it to fit.
3. Place some craft glue on the underside of the paper and lay it inside of the lid. Press the paper firmly so it is secured well and lying flat, as well as free from air bubbles.
4. On the bottom of the lid peel and stick some cork to it. This will help the jewelry dish stay secure on your dresser as well as prevent scratching. You can also use the cork or felt furniture discs found at most retail stores.
5. Once the glue is dry and cork is in place, the mason jar lid jewelry dish is now ready to be used.