This DIY Spring Throw and Bolster Pillows #WaverlyInspirations #InaWaverlyWorld post is brought to you in partnership with Waverly Inspirations and its parent company, Iconix. I have been compensated for my time. All opinions and ideas...
Upcycled Ice Crystal Mason Jar Candle Holder
We always try to recycle in our house and we also try to upcycle. Instead of putting things out in our recycle bin, we first try to figure out if there is something else that we can do with it first. This week we made a fun craft to celebrate National Recycling Week.
We celebrated National Recycling Week by creating our own fun experiments and projects using recyclable treasures found around our house. We recently visited the local farmers market and bought several jars of pickles. We really wanted to re-use the jars for something fun so we thought that they would be perfect for the next junkyard sleepover because the kids can choose whatever fun colors they want. We also had several containers of Epsom salts that we really hadn't used in years.
- Mason Jar or Pickle Jar or any glass jar
- Spray Adhesive
- Epsom Salt
- Red Food Coloring
- Pick out your jars and wash thoroughly.
- In a small bowl, pour a large amount of epsom salt (we used about 3 cups).
- Put a few drops of whatever color you want your salt to be into the bowl (we used red and we always let the kids pick).
- Stir thoroughly mixing the color all around.
- If necessary, gradually add more coloring to your salts! The more the color, the higher intensity of the color.
- Pour the colored epsom salt onto a piece of paper or a clean surface and spread out evenly.
- Remove the lid from your jar. Using a spray adhesive, spray the entire jar.
- Roll your mason jar in the salt trying to cover as much as you possibly can.
- If you have any missed spots just simply pick up salt and put it on the empty spots. Shake off any excess.
- Spray with a clear coat sealer to finish the jar and allow it to dry.