19 Guacamole Recipes It's crazy to me that I had never really given guacamole a chance until in my 30's. It was only after my daughter came up with her easy guacamole recipe with...
Summer Sausage Party Puffs Recipe
Johnsonville Summer Sausage is the perfect way to make something even more amazing. We used to make this recipe with ham but sausage and peppers taste so much better together.
Sausage is so easy to cook with and such a time saver around the holidays. Not only does it boost the flavor in one of our favorite recipes, but it saves on party prep time because you just simply slice and go.
For the peppers:
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 ea red and yellow bell pepper, sliced thin
- 1/2 sweet onion, sliced thin
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced thin
- 1 roma tomato, chopped
- 5-6 basil leaves, rough chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the olive oil over a medium flame. Add the peppers, onions, and garlic. Saute until the onions begin to soften. Add the tomatoes, and continue to saute until the tomato breaks down and begins to coat the pepper and onions.
- Remove from the flame. Stir in the basil and season with salt and pepper. Cool.
For the puffs:
- Johnsonville Summer Sausage, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- Cheddar cheese slices
- Peppers from above
- Grated Parmesan
- extra virgin olive oil
- Black Pepper
- 2 prepared pizza dough roll
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Roll out one pizza dough to the size of a sheet pan. Place 12 small pieces of cheese on the dough, evenly spaced. Place the Johnsonville Summer Sausage on top of the cheese, and then top with a little of the pepper mixture.
- Roll out the second pizza dough and cover the sausage stacks. Cut each sausage puff out with a cookie cutter and remove the excess dough. Pinch the dough together on each puff. Brush with olive oil, and then top with a sprinkling of Parmesan cheese and black pepper.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
Johnsonville is the number one brand of sausage in America.They believe in bringing the family together, but the dish doesn't have to be complicated and with their sausage, the possibilities are endless.
Convenience is key for throwing holiday parties like cocktail parties. Now you can make it so much easier by incorporating Johnsonville into your favorite hors d'oeuvre.
GET SOCIAL WITH JOHNSONVILLE
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Johnsonville . The opinions and text are all mine.