I am a wine lover. I have been for years. I love discovering new wines, sharing old favorites and really soaking up wine knowledge. I am really excited to be taking part in the...
Spring Cleaning Means New Beginnings
For years I detested spring cleaning. This year we have partnered with Coupons.com to share about how we made our spring cleaning a little more fun. I mean, what is fun about cleaning the house and doing all of those extra things? Not a lot, right? However it is something that needs to be done and we always pay close attention to those areas that we tend to miss during our regular cleaning.
For instance, under the bed comes to mind. Last month we got a new mattress, and when we moved our bed, we found that our two dogs had created tunnels underneath with paper towels that they had been removing from the garbage! We filled two garbage bags with things from under the bed when we cleaned, and realized that we need to be checking under the bed regularly.
A few years ago, my husband and I decided to try to make spring cleaning even more fun and productive by involving a little cardio. We stay on task, get it done quickly and marvel at how our house sparkles after this cleaning.
Preparation is important when it comes to spring cleaning, and part of that prep work is buying all of the things you’ll need to roll-up your sleeves and tackle the job – even those under the bed messes! Buying all of these items can add up, but I found great deals on cleaning supplies, organizational products and more at Coupons.com. All of the items included here are on sale right now – scroll to the bottom to see the savings.
Here are a few tips to make spring cleaning much easier and less stressful:
1. Buy your supplies ahead of time. With Coupons.com, you have access to thousands of great deals and discounts on the brands you love and want.
3. Set timers: This is where the fun, cardio part comes in. My husband and I race each other to see who can get their area completed first, and the kids love getting involved as well. We get a little exercise and a sparkling clean house in the process. While my husband usually gets the most cleaning in, he doesn’t gloat… much!
4. Buy the right products: Buying the right products means that you can complete the job. For instance, we start with our Swiffer Starter Kit to get the floors, and then use the Swiffer Duster to get the walls and ceilings.
5. Freshen it up: These days, we are loving Glade Wax Melts. They are reasonably priced and they keep our home smelling amazing. My favorite scent is Hawaiian Breeze. The scent is relaxing and it takes me back to when I lived in Hawaii.
6. Don’t forget the walls: The Clean Magic Eraser cleans like nothing I have ever seen. We always have a pack in the house and a simple swipe on your walls with the Magic Eraser will instantly make your home brighter.
7. Get rid of the clutter: Grab your Glad ForceFlex Trash Bags and fill as many as you can. We fill bags with garbage (mostly school papers) and with clothes (that no longer fit) to donate.
8. Attack your carpet: If your house is anything like ours, then you probably have a few spots on your carpet. Grab the SPOT SHOT Instant Carpet Stain Remover and clean away the stains.
9. Pack it all up: The Container Store offers color-coded storage bins (amazing)! Pick a specific color and keep all of your spring cleaning necessities in one place, for use next year. It’s also a great place to find other storage items to organize your home.
Looking to make your house shine on a dime this spring cleaning season? Head over to Coupons.com, my favorite site for scooping up offers and a great way to be a savvy shopper!
- Swiffer Starter Kit: $2.00 off any one Swiffer Starter Kit (excludes Swiffer Bissell Steamboost)
- Swiffer Duster Refill: $1.00 off any one Swiffer Duster Refill (excludes Swiffer Bissell Steamboost)
- Glade Wax Melts: Buy any Glade Wax Melts Warmer, get any Wax Melts 6ct. Refill FREE
- Mr. Clean Magic Eraser: .50 off any one Mr. Clean Magic Eraser
- Glad ForceFlex Trash Bags: $1.00 off any Glad ForceFlex or ForceFlex OdorShield Trash Bag
- SPOT SHOT Instant Carpet Stain Remover: $1.00 off any one SPOT SHOT Instant Carpet Stain Remover (Walmart)
- http://bit.ly/1MptpsS: Find storage items to organize your home – don’t miss out!