We love popcorn! I especially love all of the seasonings and things that you can do to popcorn to make it taste different. Check out some of these really fun popcorn recipes: Soft...
Patriotic Cupcakes with Blue Frosting & Sprinkles
*Makes approximately 24 cupcakes. 1 cupcake = 1 serving.
- 1 C. sugar
- ½ C. butter or margarine, softened
- 3 egg whites
- 1 ½ C. flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- ½ C. milk
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- ½ C. red, white and blue sprinkle (I found mine at Joann Fabrics) – you might want to add a little bit more or less depending on how colorful you'd like your cupcakes to be + extra to sprinkle on top of your frosting
- 24 silicone baking cups (highly recommend these!)
- ½ C. REAL butter, softened to room temperature
- 4 C. powdered sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 5-6 tbs. milk (you may want a little more or a little less depending on how thick you like your frosting)
- 3-4 drop of blue food coloring (you may want to add a little more or less depending on how blue you want you're frosting to be).
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine the sugar, butter, vanilla, milk and eggs and mix well. Stir in flour, baking powder and mix well.
- Slowly fold in the ½ cup of the red, white and blue sprinkles.
- Pour the batter evenly into the 24 silicone baking cups and bake 15-20 minutes.
- Around 15-16 minutes insert a toothpick into one of the cupcakes and if it comes out clean they are done. Let the cupcakes cool completely prior to frosting.
- Using a hand mixer, combine the softened butter, powdered sugar, vanilla and a few tablespoons of milk (start with 3-4). Beat until light and fluffy and add in another tablespoon or two of milk and continue to beat until nice a fluffy (about 3-4 minutes on high). Add the blue coloring and mix well.
- Once your cupcakes are completely cooled, you can remove them from the silicone baking cups. They should pop right out and then you can generously frost them and add extra sprinkles on top.
- Store covered in airtight container 1-2 weeks.