How to handle children who are depressed Mental illness depression is a clinical disease that should be treated just like any other disease. Normally, when a person suffers from physical illness or injury people...
Tips to Help You Sleep Better
I have been an off and on insomniac for years. I have had three kids, work odd hours and I write. I am a night owl.
I definitely have sleep problems and I have to work pretty hard to manage it. There are always some specific things that I must do to fall asleep each night such as:
1. Turn off the television. I get too caught up in whatever is in the television and this often keeps me up at night.
2. Lay off the caffeine. To get the best sleep, I usually shouldn’t drink any caffeine after around two in the afternoon at the latest.
3. Go to sleep before my husband. He snores. It’s loud. And this often keeps me up at night if I try to go to sleep after him.
4. Get into a comfortable position. I sleep in the same position every night. Well I should say that I go to sleep in the same position every night. I have to. That is the ONLY way that I can get to sleep. This means that my pillows NEED to be comfortable and I have to have enough room on the bed. This sometimes doesn’t happen due to one, two or all three children taking up my space.
5. Drink plenty of water and keep the temperature cool. I sleep better when it is a little cooler in my room and when I am hydrated. I always need to make certain that the fan is running and that I have water on my nightstand.
I was excited when Mattress Giant contacted me about Better Sleep Month. This was for me. They sent me the Tempur-Pedic Symphony pillow to try out. I have slept on it for several nights and I can already notice a difference in my sleep. I don’t move around as much trying to get comfortable. I am a little more rested. The only downside is that I now have to fight my husband for this pillow. He likes it too!
Did you know that Tempur-Pedic is the most highly recommended bed in America? Wait until you sleep on this pillow and you will see why! Mattress Giant has the largest selection of Tempur-Pedic mattresses as well as the most experienced sales staff to help you choose the right Tempur-Pedic.
Here are five tips from Mattress Giant for Better Sleep:
1. Creating a regular bedtime routine each night before going to bed helps your body know when it’s time to start winding down.
2. Get out in bright sunshine for 5 to 30 minutes as soon as you arise to help set your brain’s internal clock to your sleep-wake schedule.
3. If you fail to fall asleep within 25 minutes, get out of bed & read for a while, selecting soothing material.
4. Exercise moderately for 30 minutes a day, but no later than three hours before lights out for better sleep.
5. Use your bed for resting or sleeping, not for office work, watching television or playing video games.