Cranberry Honey Butter Recipe This Cranberry Honey Butter Recipe is a great option for hostess gifts and for your Christmas or Thanksgiving table! We have made this recipe countless times and everyone loves...
Lemon curd is such a versatile ingredient, it serves as the base to many recipes (this one included). While many people think of it as a condiment, its uses as an ingredient in a more complex recipe are limitless. The tart flavor of the lemon curd mixes well with the crust and whipped cream providing an amazing dessert. We hope that you love this Lemon Tartlets recipe.
Yield: Approximately 24 Tartlets
- 2 cups flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 stick butter, cut into small cubes
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- 2 cups lemon curd
- In a bowl, combine the flour and salt, then cut the butter into the dry mixture.
- Add in the cold water and form the dough (more water may be necessary depending on a number of factors such as humidity, age of flour, etc.). Do not excessively handle the dough.
- Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Remove dough from refrigerator and unwrap. Using a rolling pin, roll out the dough to approximately 1/4 inch thickness.
- Gently press the dough into tartlet molds, then bake the dough in the molds at 350°F until golden brown (also known as blind baking, without any filling), about 10-12 minutes. Remove from the basked shells from the oven and let them cool.
- After the baked shells have cooled completely, spoon lemon curd into each.
- Top with whipped cream if desired and serve.
See my recipe for Lemon Curd to use as a base for this recipe.
This is such a great and versatile recipe. You can top it with any fruit of your choosing or just eat them as is. They are absolutely best when served a little chilled with some fresh whipped cream. We hope that you are inspired by this Lemon Tartlets dessert recipe and that you get in the kitchen yourself this holiday season. Happy baking!