This Sheet Pan Suppers Meatless Cookbook + $100 VISA #Giveaway #SheetPanSuppersMeatless post is sponsored. Sheet Pan Suppers Meatless Cookbook + $100 VISA #Giveaway #SheetPanSuppersMeatless Why stress over preparing several separate dishes for your family...
Lemon curd is such a versatile ingredient, it serves as the base to many recipes (this one included). While many people think of it as a condiment, its uses as an ingredient in a more complex recipe are limitless.
The tart flavor of the lemon curd mixes well with the crust and whipped cream providing an amazing dessert.
Yield: Approximately 24 Tartlets
2 cups flour
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 stick butter, cut into small cubes
3 tablespoons cold water
2 cups lemon curd
- In a bowl, combine the flour and salt, then cut the butter into the dry mixture.
- Add in the cold water and form the dough (more water may be necessary depending on a number of factors such as humidity, age of flour, etc.). Do not excessively handle the dough.
- Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Remove dough from refrigerator and unwrap. Using a rolling pin, roll out the dough to approximately 1/4 inch thickness.
- Gently press the dough into tartlet molds, then bake the dough in the molds at 350°F until golden brown (also known as blind baking, without any filling), about 10-12 minutes. Remove from the basked shells from the oven and let them cool.
- After the baked shells have cooled completely, spoon lemon curd into each.
- Top with whipped cream if desired and serve.
See my recipe for Lemon Curd to use as a base for this recipe.