I wrote this post while participating in a blog tour conducted by Clever Girls on behalf of Dannon. I have been compensated for my time commitment to the program but my opinions are my...
Lemon Pie Dip
No cook recipes for dessert are great for guests and impatient kiddos when you can just grab something from the fridge to serve up in minutes. And they are even better when dessert looks and tastes like it took you hours to prepare, when you really whipped it up in minutes.
Lemon pie dip takes just ten minutes to prepare, with only two basic ingredients that you might already have in the kitchen. Take the time to empty out the lemon halves when you’re done squeezing them and you’ll have the cutest cups for serving, perfect for everything from casual to fancy gatherings.
LEMON PIE DIP
- 2 large lemons
- 16 ounce can of sweetened condensed milk
- Animal crackers, graham crackers or shortbread for dipping
- Zest both lemons thoroughly.
- Cut lemons in half. Squeeze and strain lemons till you have about half a cup of lemon juice. Two lemons should be plenty but you might need an extra lemon if you get a lemon that isn’t as juicy.
- Add lemon zest, lemon juice and sweetened condensed milk to a mixing bowl. Whisk until ingredients are well combined and there is no separation of liquids.
- Chill mixture for 2 hours. While mixture is chilling you can remove the flesh of each lemon half with a spoon. Turn lemon halves upside down and use a knife to cut off the rounded end so that lemon is able to stand upright without rolling.
- After 2 hours remove lemon pie dip from fridge and spoon into lemon halves.
- Serve with graham crackers, animal crackers or plain shortbread for easy dipping.