There is nothing more pampering than a comfy pair of slippers. After a long and hard day, slipping into a cozy pair of slippers can be a real treat. So imagine my happiness when...
Georgia Tax Free Shopping Weekend
Back-to-School Tax Free weekend in Georgia is from July 31st to August 1st this year. The Georgia state sales tax is 4%. Tax Free Weekend includes:
- Clothing and footwear under $100
- School supplies under $20
- Children's and school books under $20
- Personal computers and accessories $1,500 and under
Details on what Qualifies for Georgia Tax Free Weekend
- sports gear and shoes such as cleats.
- Adult, child, and baby cloths.
- Graduation caps and gowns.
- Diapers for children and adults (cloth or disposable)
- Swim suits
- Winter gear
- Uniforms and every day clothing items
School supply items such as
- Ink cartridges
- Lunch boxes
- Books for children from infancy through 12th grade written for learning purposes
- Most books found in the children's section of the bookstore
- Books on a school's reading list
- Zip Drives
- Computer speakers
Get the most for your dollar this Tax Free Weekend
- Look for sales. You can do this online.
- Give local stores a glance during tax free weekend. Often smaller mom and pop shops do tax free weekend sales.
- Plan ahead and buy things you use a lot of. This is the time to buy several packs of socks for each person and put the rest up for when the dryer eats them later in the year.
- Don't be shy to pull out the coupons. This time of year many clothing companies are pushing sales with coupons so keep your eye out.
- Use the Georgia Tax Holiday to your advantage by using it to get pricier items you need like computers and accessories. For homeschoolers and teachers this is a major advantage.
What is not included in Georgia Tax Free Weekend?
- Clothing accessories
The above and similar items are taxable. In addition, newspapers, magazines, textbooks, self-help and parenting books do not qualify for tax exemption.