This post is brought to you in partnership with Waverly Inspirations and its parent company, Iconix. I have been compensated for my time. All opinions and ideas are my own. Read our full disclosure policy here....
FrogTape Textured Surface with PaintBlock Technology
We do a lot of DIY in this house. We love trying new products and using them to make things for our house. We paint, build and pretty will try anything at least once.
We just recently tried Textured Surface by FrogTape for our latest project and it turned out really well. My son decided that he wanted stripes in his room but he has textured wallpaper which presented a bit of a challenge.
However, with the Textured Surface tape, it was actually pretty easy to do with a just a few, simple steps.
WHAT IS FROGTAPE® TEXTURED SURFACE WITH PAINTBLOCK® TECHNOLOGY?
FrogTape® is treated with patented PaintBlock® Technology, a super absorbent polymer that reacts with the water in latex paint and instantly gels to form a micro-barrier that seals the edges of the tape, which helps prevent paint bleed.
Like I said there are a few steps required and if you follow the directions, you can get clear, sharp lines without any paint bleed.
Here is what we started with:
Here is what we used:
TIPS ON HOW TO OBTAIN THE SHARPEST PAINT LINES
1. Burnish Edges of Tape – best done with fingernail, credit card or a plastic squeegee. This ensures proper adhesion on all edges.
2. PaintBlock® Technology – This technology can be pre-activated with water by wiping the edges of the tape with a damp cloth. *Note – this step is required when using non-water based paint.
3. Make sure surface you are taping is dirt and dust free to ensure proper adhesion.
4. Avoid stretching the tape while applying to the surface to prevent the tape from lifting.
a. This is especially relevant on curved and round surfaces. For best results, make sure there aren’t any gaps between the surface and the tape.
5. Choose the right tape for your project!
a. Any freshly painted surface (1-3 days cure time), wallpaper, finished wood and other delicate surfaces, use FrogTape® Delicate Surface
b. Any textured surface should require FrogTape® Textured Surface Sharp Paint Line Solution Kit
c. For all other surfaces, use FrogTape® Multi-Surface **Note – this includes Shape Tape**
6. Always remove painter’s tape while paint is still wet.