As more and more people are discovering minivans as an ultimate solution for transporting families, they are also on the lookout for upscale solutions or more parent perks. We all know that minivans are...
Dyson DC59 Available at Best Buy
The Dyson DC59 Animal is a high performance cordless vacuum with a newly designed digital motor. It is small, compact, and lightweight. It comes equipped with attachments that make it a versatile and powerful cordless vacuum. The DC59 can be used as a handheld or as a regular standard vacuum for day-to-day household cleaning. As a cordless, its technology allows it to compete with any corded vacuum.
It comes with re-engineered nickel manganese, cobalt battery that promotes longer battery life and allows for approximately 20 minutes of use before it needs recharging.The small lightweight design makes it a versatile, easy-to-use model. The DC59 weighs less than 5 pounds. Its ergonomic handle design fits naturally into the shape of the hand, and puts the center of gravity towards the grip making it easy to handle than other cordless models. The grip also contains a power trigger that allows the vacuum to be turned off and on instantly as needed, allowing longer battery use.The DC59 is designed for floor to ceiling use and comes with a number of attachments. The main attachment is the motorized low profile cleaning head, which was redesigned to be lighter and improve suction. It includes a unique dust capture channel that prevents dirt and dust from escaping back to the floor surface, and a self-tightening component that keeps the brush stable, increasing performance.The motorized head stays flat to the floor any time the vacuum is reclined, making it easy to clean under low furniture and on stairs. It also comes with a standard non-motorized head, a crevice tool, and bristle brush extension, for smaller, more delicate areas. Carbon fiber filaments and nylon bristle strips in the vacuum heads, and extra attachments allow for cleaning everything from carpets and hardwood floors, to upholstery, walls, baseboards and other difficult hard-to reach corners and confined areas.
When cleaning is complete, the DC59 has a one-touch, push button hygienic system, which allows the bin to open instantly and empty the dirt for easy disposal. It stores easily in its docking station that conveniently charges the vacuum when not in use. See our Dyson Airwrap hair dryer post.
DYSON DC59 FEATURES AT A GLANCE
- 3 times the suction of any other cordless vacuum in use with 350 Watts and Boost mode
- Wider (approx. 10” vs. 8” on the DC44) and improved maneuverability due to smaller ball at the back
- 26 minute clean time and 3.5 hour charging time (vs. 5 hour in the DC44) with re-engineered nickel manganese cobalt battery
- New V6 motor = 50% more power than V2; performs like an upright. V6 motor that spins at 110,000 rpm (5 times faster than a Formula One race car engine)
- 3 times smaller than a conventional vacuum motor
- 4-pole magnet that delivers 50% more power than its predecessor, V2
- 1.5 times more power than its predecessor (same run time, however – the extra capacity is used to power the V6 motor)
- 2 Tier Radial Cyclone technology – 15 cyclones, arranged across 2 tiers, brought to cordless for the first time
- Work in parallel to increase airflow and capture fine dust
- Re-engineered brush bar for hard floor and carpet cleaning and self-tightening mechanism keeps the brush bar stable
- New configuration of carbon fiber filaments and nylon bristle tips to remove fine dust and dirt across all floor types
- Soft-touch trigger is easier to hold (makes for longer clean time – people don’t need to keep it on when moving furniture, etc. – less wasted energy)
- Handle now more comfortable to hold
- Extended neck for greater ease of use
- Hygienic one-touch bin emptying, now on both sides (for lefties and righties). One push empties bin, 2nd push detaches bin completely for washing, etc.
- Pre-motor filter located at the top; now much easier to take out for washing
The Dyson DC59 is available at Best Buy beginning February 1, 2014.