Easy DIY Twine Wrapped Easter Eggs Easter is quickly approaching and as my kids get older, my decor is less about the things that will excite them and instead I focus on a little...
DIY LOVE Wall Hanging
This post is brought to you in partnership with Waverly Inspirations and its parent company, Iconix. I have been compensated for my time. All opinions and ideas are my own. We hope you love our DIY LOVE Wall Hanging. Read our full disclosure policy here.
DIY LOVE Wall Hanging #InAWaverlyWorld #WaverlyInspirations
Valentine's Day will be here before you know it. This month, we have this adorable DIY that you can easily make. Look how vibrant the fabrics are and how great it turned out!
DIY LOVE Wall Hanging
- Waverly Fabrics in 3 different prints
- 5″ MDF Letters L-O-V-E
- Waverly High Gloss Multi-Surface Indoor/Outdoor Acrylic Paint in Crimson
- Waverly Metallic Multi-Surface Indoor/Outdoor Acrylic Paint in Silver
- 5/8″ Waverly Ribbon
- Hot Glue
- White Glue
- Paint Brush
- Place your fabric, wrong side up, on a flat surface. Place your letters, wrong side up, on the fabric and use a pencil to trace the letter onto the fabric. Repeat with all letters, varying fabric for each letter if desired.
- Paint the back and sides of the letters in the colors you desire. Let dry completely.
- Use scissors to cut out the letters from the fabric. Cut just inside the pencil line.
- Adhere the fabric to the front of the letters by adding some white glue to the front of the letter. Smooth the glue with a paint brush and work in small sections. For example, glue the top of the L letter and then continue to add glue to the bottom. Repeat until all letters are covered with fabric and smooth them gently with your finger to remove any ripples. Let dry.
- Once your letters are dry, lay them on a table and cut small pieces of ribbon to connect the letters together. Adhere the ribbon to the back of the letters with hot glue. You can see I used two pieces to connect the O and V.
- Cut a small piece of ribbon and wrap it around to create a loop. Secure with hot glue for the hanging hook at the top. Make a bow out of another piece of ribbon and affix the hanging loop and bow to the top of the letter with hot glue. Let set and hang.