As an avid shopper, I find myself constantly looking at and buying things like gifts. And here in the deep South, we sure love to put our names on everything. Me & monograms go...
Discover Boating this Summer
We are avid boaters in this family. We love being out on the lake. We rent a boat several times a month during the Summer and we plan some pretty fun trips. We even invite other members of our family and have events out on the lake.
Our favorite lake is Lake Lanier which is about a 30 minute drive from our house. We have always rented the boat from the same place and we usually spend the day out on the lake.
Sometimes we rent a pontoon boat and other times we rent a speed boat. Most of the time we also rent an intertube that is pulled behind the boat and everyone gets a chance to ride in the intertube. We even have family hand signals so we know when to speed the boat up or when to stop and get the person out of the intertube.
Boating is great family bonding time for us. We take drinks, food, snacks, games and just spend the day enjoying each others company.
FACTS ABOUT BOATING
- Boating is a vacation close to home – 90 percent of Americans live within an hour’s drive of a navigable body of water.
- Eighty-three million Americans went boating in 2011, an increase of ten percent from 2010 and the largest proportion of adults boating since 1997!
- Boaters bond over memories on the water –69 percent of boaters say boating brings their families closer together, according to a Discover Boating survey.
- American boaters are largely ‘middle-class’ as 73 percent of U.S. boat owners have an annual household income less than $100,000 and 95 percent of boats in the U.S. are less than 26 feet—small boats taken by trailer to local bodies of water.
- More than eight out of ten boaters (77 percent) boated as a child
On the Discover Boating website, you will find some great resources like:
Boat Selector Tool: A great way to understand the different types and sizes of boats available:.
Try Before You Buy: Research ways to get out on the water without owning.
Cost Comparison Tool
Just for Kids: Fun games and activities for kids to learn more about boating.
Marina and Ramp Locator: Find a local marina or boat ramp close to your home.
Facebook Movie Maker App: Bring boating to life through personal photos made into your very own short movie.
I was able to quickly locate a marina near our home that we had no previously been to and my kids were able to play some of the games available on the site.
CHECK OUT THE DISCOVER BOATING VIDEO:
I wrote this review while participating in a campaign by Mom Central Consulting on behalf of Discover Boating and received a promotional item to thank me for taking the time to participate.