Fun Furniture Finds Under 500 Ixtapa Rocking Chair – Stone Gray – Mexa Carefully handcrafted by skilled artisans and certified welders in Mexico, this modern rocking chair is crafted of woven UV-protected PVC cord...
Craftsman Nextec Rotary Tool Review
A few weeks ago, we received the Craftsman® Nextec Rotary Tool to review. My husband is a tool fiend. I would put a picture of his tool room, but it is kind of embarrassing. If there is something new on the market in the way of tools, he wants it and usually gets it.
So I bet you want to know what he had to say about this new tool, right?
The rotary tool is kind of the swiss army knife of tools in that it does everything;
…. it does all of that and more.
This makes it indespensible for small jobs that come up in a household. In addition, the thing is wireless, so it goes everywhere which is also a big plus in that it makes it very portable for me.
A concern that I always have with anything wireless is the battery…specifically how long will it take to charge the thing? The Nextec will charge to about 25% in around 3 minutes, and will fully charge in just over 25 minutes, so we are good to go there.
This model has variable speeds which allows you to use adjust to the material that you are working. In addition, I really liked that the built in light at the end of the tool that illuminates the work area.
I have used this tool for countless projects so far:
1. Fixed the Christmas tree stand for my kid's small trees so they are ready to go when we put them up next week.
2. Made a small repair to my son's bike where there was a small piece of metal sticking out.
3. Made some repairs to my desk at work.
4. Made some repairs to my desk at home.
5. Used it to sand our front door down a little on a spot that I needed to repaint.
6. Cleaned my grill.
This is definitely a guy's tool worth having and would make a great addition to any man's tool collection.
- The Craftsman® Nextec rotary tool has variable speeds from 5,000 to 30,000 revolutions per minute.
- Variable speeds from 5,000-30,000 rpm for wood, metal or plastic
- Includes 40 accessories; universal shaft accepts all universal accessories
- Electric brake
- Weight: 4 lbs. (with accessories)
- Price $99.99
What I really like about it is that it is very easy for me to use. I like tools that are intuitive and that I don't have to read an entire instruction manual to use. I also LOVE that this tool comes with its own carrying bag. I cannot tell you how many times we have lost pieces of some tool because they fell out or weren't put back all together. This case is perfect.
Don't forget to check out the 2011 Sears Holiday Tools Catalog where comments found in the catalog help you select gifts for the tool user on your list… or yourself. A new testing panel made up of real tool users, a few pros, a few hobbyists and a few weekend warriors. In short… Real People! Selected product has been given to testing recruits to provide customers with feedback.
You can also meet the Tool Gift Guru Team:
* Chris Duke, host of hit Automotive DIY show “Motorz TV”
* Frank Fontana, host of HGTV’s Design on a Dime
* Carla Bruni, Historic Preservation Consultant
* Bryan Wilmer, Owner of Commercial Construction of Frankfort, Illinois
Follow the Gift Gurus and their gift recommendations throughout the catalog or online here.
Check out this cool video about the Craftsman® Nextec Rotary Tool (seriously watch it and you will want this tool if you don't already):
DISCLOSURE: I was provided with the Craftsman Nextec Rotary Tool from Sears to facilitate my review.